What Amount of Cc's Would Best Fit my Frame? 800cc Range or Smaller? (photo)

I am 5'4, 104lbs with measurements of 30B-21-33. I also do nude modeling and exotic dancing. I've been contemplating an augmentation but wondering what amount of cc's would best fit my frame. 800cc or smaller?

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Exactly what breast implant size will best achieve your goals will depend on exactly what your goals are. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D/DD" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Although potentially helpful, I do not think that the use of pre-operative sizers and/or “rice test”  is a precise enough way to communicate goals.  As you can imagine, a breast implant size or placed on the chest wall will not necessarily create the same look as the same size placed on the rib cage ( below the pectoralis muscle).

Based on the limited information provided in your question/pictures,  I think an 800 mL breast implants is too large for your frame (and can potentially be problematic with increased risk of complications).

You will be best served by meeting with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and the best way to achieve them.

800cc Implants? Or!!!

+2

You would be wise to go to a surgeon who will let you try the sizers on and possibly do a 3D image which would allow you to see the end result. 

Implants come in many different styles now and you would do well with a small diameter implant with a lot of projection.  If you want a more obvious implant look, you could consider Allergan Style 45.  Some time this year Mentor will have more choices as well.  You may want to consider 700cc and a Style 45.  

You may not want to hear this, but as you age and are not as slender. large implants may add on a look of too much fat.  But, you may be genetically gifted with a thin body for life.

It is all in the image you want for yourself and you can have the large implants replaced later in your life.

Best regards

Robert B. Winslow, MD (in memoriam)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

I would definitely stay away from 800cc.  Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

800cc Breast Implants or BUST

+1

You are a very attractive young woman and deserve better than 800cc breast implant for MANY reasons buth short and long term.

The ideal, attractive augmented breast is created by using a breast implant whose ripples and imperfections are covered by your existing breast tissue and muscle AND which can sit on your front facing rib cage without falling sideways constantly interfering with the forward movement of your arms. Rather than picking a meaningless breast implant recommendation which is not based on your actual examination or measurements, I would advise you to consult one or more Plastic surgeons who can much better advise you. I would recommend you see a Plastic surgeon who has a Canfield VECTRA digital computerized camera which can SHOW you what you may look like with every breast implant he/she may recommend to you. This is done by taking a life like 3D image of your torso into which we can "place" any implant you may want to see, including a gangantuan 800 cc breast implant. We offer the VECTRA digital imaging to In our Plastic Surgery practice in Memphis, TN and our patients LOVE it.It simplifies the communications and let's a woman SEE the difference between different implants.

Good Luck.

Memphis, TN

The larger the implant the greater the risks.

+1

The larger the implant you choose the greater the risks you take with complications.  This is not a linear relationship but rather a logarithmic increase in risks.

Your risks include:

1. displacement or misplacement of implants (bottoming out)
  2. loss or decrease of sensation
  3. thinning of your native breast tissue
  4. visible rippling
  5. and others.

You need to consider several things when you choose your implant size:

1. What do you feel comfortable with -- try the implants in a bra to ensure you like the way they look.
  2. Make sure that you feel "balanced" in your appearance.  You are a fairly small and petite woman and do not need a large implant to "balance" your breasts with your hips or tummy etc.
  3. Although you may want the largest implants possible right now--in several more years you may regret that decision because it is a hard thing to fix.  Think of yourself 10 years older -- do you still want that look?
  4. Large breasts on someone with such a small frame tend to make the person look heavier -- are you sure you want that?

Make sure that you talk with a plastic surgeon that will give you honest answers and not just answers that you want to hear in order to get your business.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

It depends

+1

Think about why your are getting breast enlargement.  Most plastic surgeons would like to see

good proportions. However, some patients are looking for excessively large or just a little bit

of enlargement.  It is a very personable thing.  Be sure you want what you ask for.  You would

hate to have to come back to get larger or smaller implants.  For you, the best size for reasonable

enlargement would be 325 to 375.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Large implants

+1

You are tiny, and 800cc implants would not be good.  Your risk of a problem with that size probably would approach 100%

Go see a few surgeons with excellent reputations for breast surgery.  It is important that they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and are also members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Bring in photos of how you'd like to look, and also photos of how you don't want to look too.  This will help determine an implant size that will give you the appearance that most closely approximates your aesthetic goal.  Hopefully you will also be measured, and an implant based on your measurements will be deterimined.  The size of that implant will probably be smaller than the implant needed to get to your aesthetic goal.  You and your surgeon will discuss the risks of going with a larger implant versus sticking with the implant perfectly sized for your body, then you will need to decide what is best.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

800 cc's on small frame

+1
Based on your photos, 800 cc's seems a bit large for your frame. The best implant for you would need to be determined based on your body and breast dimensions. Once you go over 500 cc's the risks increase with "large (over 500 cc's)" implants, like thinning of the skin and soft tissues over the implant, increased palpability of the implant, earlier onset of ptosis (drooping) of the breasts if you don't wear support bras, etc. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your desires and get the information needed to make this decision.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast size is best that looks natural and harmonious with body.

+1

Breast implants that look best for a given person fall within a range that takes into consideration the persons total body makeup.  Harmony is the desired result.  It is fine to be harmoniously  larger or smaller, but enormous size implants produce trouble and result in a grotesque, distorted, ugly endpoint.  So I tell patients that for their size frame, height, weight etc there are 3 sizes possible.  These are right size right, right size smaller, and right size larger.   There can even be a right size + larger but not enormous.   Enormous implants quickly sag, they are painful, they make the woman look ridiculous and  not very smart.    Extreme implants are painful.  Men deplore woman with enormous breast implants and in fact laugh at them and make jokes about them.   These are not nice jokes, and such ladies with enormous breast implants are not kindly refereed to with nice phrases.  The guys who pretend to like enormous breast implants  laugh at the women behind their backs.   I am not talking about women with normal large breasts.  These women look lovely and natural.  I am referring to the clown like appearance of the "Big Betty Boobs with Enormous Implants Look"   800cc?  I have never used an implant that large and have never seen one used at Stanford University that large.  Where did you get that insane number?   If a surgeon gave it to you, avoid that surgeon.  The extreme maximum for you is likely in the 450 plus or minus range with a high of 500.  Dancer, stripper, performer, whatever,  you want to look cute, sexy, and beautiful and certainly not ridiculous.  As a final note I will add that even attempting a 800cc implant  would likely result in death of your breast tissue and horrible deformity.   My Best,  Dr George Commons.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

The larger the implant, the greater the risks

+1

Hi there-

Understanding that what you do for a living may make the disproportionately larger breast appearance you would achieve using a very large implant attractive to you in the short term, it is important for you to understand that doing so may significantly complicate your life over the longer term.

Very large implants will make your breasts sag more over time, as the skin and tissues are thinned, increasing the likelihood that you will need more operations over time, and increasing the complication rate of these operations as well.

Having said that, the best implant for you is something that I personally believe can only be understood in the context of a careful and complete consultation with a qualified, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS