Am I Too Old to Have Radiesse Injections?

because at this age one does not have or build up a lot of collagen.

Age is not an issue

+1

What it depends on is where the wrinkles are, what you want to accomplish, and what your anatomy is.  So get an evaluation and see first hand what your options are.

sek

You are not too old.

+1

Hi! People of different ages can get great results with fillers like Radiesse. In fact, in our plastic surgery practice in New York City, we occasionally will use fillers on someone who might be too old for a facelift.

If you are concerned about collagen deposition, you can have Juvederm injections, which don't rely on collagen deposition.

Radiesse and Injectable Fillers

+1

Dear Lisa

Fillers for facial contouring are an excellent all persons of all ages. The results that can be achieved are very dependent on the person perforoming the injections. Areas that can be addressed are the - eye hollows, temples, brow, jawline, chin, lips and cheek fullness. The fillers can be used on there own, in combination with Botox or combinations of fillers such as Radiesse and Restylane for various areas of the face for safe and long lasting results.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Radiesse will achieve results at any age; the question is how long?

+1

This is an excellent question and I am not sure that anyone really has the full answer to this.

Essentially you are asking (if I am permitted to paraphrase):

Do older patients who have a diminshed capacity to produce collagen (neocollagenesis) have a diminished response to fillers which require a collagen response?

Inutitively, one could say that yes, you might not have the full effect.

However, Radiesse and other fillers do not exclusively rely on their collagen response to achieve their results. Some of the results are a direct result of the volume delivered. To some degree, the longevity of the result will be dependent on the metabolism and breakdown of the product. This will vary among the fillers and alos vary depending on the area injected.

So, in summary, Radiesse will definitely achieve some soft tissue augmentation at any age; the length of time that these results are maintained may vary with age, however, we cannot definitively say how age effects this aspect. Ra

No Age Restriction

+1

Radiesse is a great dermal filler.  I tend to think it is much better in those with thinner skin, such as older patients, because it is injected close to the bone.  As opposed to hyaluronic fillers which are injected much more superficially.  There's no age restriction on any of the fillers.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

No age restriction

+1

There is no age restriction for Radiesse injections.  Actually the older the patient the more the soft tissue deficiency.  However I really like Sculptra when a large volume is needed.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon