What Are Other Alternatives to a Mini Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I just had my son almost a year ago now. I was 215 when I went Into labor and now I'm down to 145. I'm 5'8" and an avid gym goer I'm down to 21% body fat and looking to get to 15%. The extra skin on my lower abdomen is driving me crazy though.

Tummy Tuck vs. Laser Skin Tightening

+1

If you are not considering a surgical mini tummy tuck, the next best option would be a fractional co2 laser to tighten the skin.  The benefits of skin tightening may be suitable for you given your desire to forego surgery. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Alternatives to a Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

There are no significant alternatives to a mini abdominoplasty that work. None of the non-invasive skin tightening techniques significantly shrink tissue to replace a mini or a full abdominoplasty.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Options for Excess Skin Removal

+1

Sorry, but  simply not enough information with the photograph posted to provide you with any meaningful advice.  Best to seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Mini Tummy Tuck or Something Else

+1

Always remember mini procedures produce mini results.   If expectations  are mini, then mini procedures are fine and will be good enough.   Mini abdominal procedures do not do much for most patients.   It is impossible to read your photos and give you advice.  See several ABPS and FACS surgeons who are real well trained surgeons and get 3 opinions.   And always remember whether its the abdomen or the face or whatever,  MINI is MINI.  My Best,  Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Implants From 10 Years Ago?

+1

From the photo it is hard to tell how much excess there is in terms of skin. The abdominal wall looks ok, and there doesn't seem to be much fat excess. If there is a significant amount of skin excess, only removal via a mini-TT is likely to give improvement. 

All the best.

+1

I do not see extra skin in abdomen in your posted photo. But might try Thermigen RF to tighten skin in 2 sessions. 

What Are Other Alternatives to a Mini Tummy Tuck?

+1

A minitummy tuck or short scar tummy tuck would be two options.  Although there may not be enough skin laxity for a short scar tummy tuck, the minitummy tuck would only remove a small area of skin below the belly button.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA