Alternative Option to Permanent Lip Augmentation?

What is the best alternative to permanent (or as at least LONG TERM) Lip Augmentation? $500 for Juvederm every 4 mos, and the pain and bruising is just getting to be too much. I have read about Permalip but can't find a lot of Dr's in Chicago that offer it. Can anyone help? 

Permalip implants

+3

Permalip is a great option for long term lip augmentation in the right patients. I generally advise patients to try a temporary filler to ensure that they like the look. If the patient is comfortable with the look and, like yourself, tired of repeated injections, then they are a good candidate for a longer term solution.

Permalip is a silicone implant that comes in different sizes, is not resorbed by the body, and gives relatively predictable results. The procedure takes about 15 minutes and involves tiny incisions in the commisure (corner) of the mouth. A tunnel is then created on top of the muscle underneat the vermillion and mucosa of the lip. The implant is then pulled into the pocket and situated in place. The patient should be prepared for swelling and have a couple of days to recover. I have had some great results with the permalip.

Fat is another option for long term augmentation. Fat is placed usually placed on top of the muscle using a blunt injection cannula. The results can be striking but a bit more unpredictable than artificial fillers or permalip. The patient should be prepared for the possibilty of a supplemental fat injection in the future as about 50% of the fat injected will resorb.

Permanent Lip Augmentation Options

+2

For longer lasting enhancement, there are two options: fat transfer or an AlloDerm graft. The fat transfer process uses fat taken from another region of the patient's bodyuses the patient's own fat from another area of the body and it is re-injected evenly into the lips for a natural, complication free enhancement. There are no allergic reactions involved. An AlloDerm graft is like a lattice structure that lets vines grow in your garden. It is a piece of skin that has been stripped of its living cells; all that is left is a soft, collagen structure. The collagen structure is inserted into the lip where it allows the patient's own cells to attach and grow, which provides the enhancement. The graft is placed easily through small, inconspicuous incisions in the corners of the mouth. The result is a very natural look and feel for long term enhancement. Because both AlloDerm and fat transfer use human tissue for enhancement, there is no chance of inflammation or an allergic reaction.

Check out lip lift procedure

+1

Lip lift procedure can be a good option for permanent lip enhancement It offers not only lip shortening and lift but also more real pout

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/lip-lift-chicago.html

Long term options exist for lip augmentation

+1

Permalip lip augmentation is definitely a great option for semi permanent lip augmentation. These implants do not go away and the body does not absorb them so they will give you augmentation for a very long time. Other long term options include fat injections, the YoungVolumizer, Tissue transplantation, Tissue rearrangement, and lip lifts. You can read more about these things on our website. Below is a video on permalip augmentation:

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm should last longer

+1

An HA filler such as juvederm and restylane in the lips should last 9-12 months, not 4 months.  If you are looking for something permanent, I would recommend fat injection.  Yes, there is a possiblility for repeat treatments, but most often, one time does the trick.  Fat injection is, however, permanent.  What remains four months post injection should be there forever. 

Lip augmentation

+1

I agree that temporary fillers such as hyaluronic acid gels are not the most affordable long term and require frequent injection and frequent recoveries. They do work well and are predictable. I would make sure you are happy with the increased volume of the lip with these products and then move to something like fat injections to the lip.

Fat, however, is not as predicatble as the gel fillers and may require repitive treatments, but when a long term volume is achieved it can be permanent. It avoids the risk of lip implants such as scarring and infection.

Other options include other tissues from your body which have been used or biologic implants which really are not permanent.