Alternative to Full Tummy Tuck?

I have loose tummy skin after my pregnancies. I am yellow skinned and do not heal well from a scar at all. Is there a way to do a Tummy tuck only via belly button?

Based on this photo of me, is Mini Tummy tuck or endo-something tuck a better alternative? Once again, I don't want scars.

Minimally invasive tummy tucks

+2

Many women have the same concern.

Unfortunately the concern you have is common to many surgical procedures.

If we could figure out how to make skin contract like shrink wrap without incisions, we wouldn't have to perform forehead lifts, face lifts, midface lifts, eye lifts, breast lifts, tummy tucks or thigh lifts.

So the answer is YES. You can do a mini tummy tuck, a limited muscle tightening with external ultrasound or radiofrequency treatments. However, you will likely end up with subtle improvements in the abdominal contour but will likely continue to have loose skin.

In the end, you can receive a minimally invasive tummy tuck but will you be satisfied with the loose skin. It's up to you. No surgeon can make this decision for you. However, in my over 20 years of experience, it is my opinion that you will not be satisfied.

Tummy Tuck - No scars

+1

If you are totally averse to the scars but wold consider several 2-3millimer scars near the belly button and in the groins, then you might consider some form of laser assisted liposculpture. Although you seem to have limited excess fat, the laser can to a certain degree give you some skin tightening. This would be SmartLipo, ProLipo, Cool Lipo, etc. They all work on the same theoretical basis - that is, generation of heat beneath the dermis to stimulate collage and obtain some skin tightening. Althoug this would be limited, it gives improvement with minimal, almost no scarring.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

It depends on the condition of your abdominal muscles

+1

Looking at your picture, it appears you have generally good skin with some stretch marks. If you have good tone in your abdominal muscles (or can can work on toning up with exercise) then you may not need the muscle tightening. Obviously there is no way to remove any skin without an incision and the scar.

If you are completely averse to having a scar, I suggest you work on your core strength and abdominal muscle rehabilitation. You may consider a non-surgical technique such as Thermage to improve the skin condition. Thermage will not improve the stretch marks but it can tighten your skin without any incisions. Thermage does not work well for everyone, but it does not preclude having a tummy tuck later if you so choose.

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon