Alternative Facelift Without Surgery

i live in the UK and two doctors specialise in facelifts using fillers/botox and laser. Is this a viable alternative to surgery as i had facial surgery in Costa Rica which was absolute rubbish, and lasted all of 3 months, plus has left bad vertical scars above my eyes. Basically i need fillers in the nasal folds and lifting of the jowls, plus fillers in my hands, and yes i had fat transfer in my hands which again lasted such a short time. The whole experience has left me wary of further surgery!

Liquid Facelift

+1

You may be a candidate for a liquid facelift. The primary benefit of a liquid facelift is to increase volume.  Consult with 2 to 3 injectors in your area to explore your options.

Non-surgical facelift options

+1

Potentailly, a nonsurgical facelift will work for you. Although fillers really only restore volume and do not actually lift your face. You should go to an expert injector and see what they think can be achieved with filler for your particular needs. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Non surgical Facelift with fillers botox or fat transfer

+1

Sorry to hear about your surgical experience in Costa Rica. For many patients, the use of fillers with Botox can be excellent alternatives to surgery. One of the newer products called Sculptra can help replace volume in the face and give a lifting, tightening and softening effect. Fillers are wonderful at helping restore volume to the cheeks and smoothing  the folds around the mouth and make the jowls less visible. Having said that, no filler can replace a well perfomed facelift in terms of dramatic, long-lasting facial rejuvination. Make sure to find a good surgeon near you before proceeding. Best of luck.  

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

The non-surgical facelift refers to the use of fillers and botox to correct sagging of the face

+1

The non-surgical facelift refers to the use of fillers and botox to correct sagging of the face. They are less effective when there is muscle wasting as well.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Alternatives to Facelifts

+1

A "liquid facelift" can be a nice alternative for some patients in creating a more youthful appearance.  I tend to think of fillers as playing a separate role and filling in volume which is lost from aging, while lifts help restore tissues which have descended as a result of gravity

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alternative Facelift Without Surgery

+1

I'm sorry you had such unfortunate experiences, but don't discount surgery as an option for facial rejuvenation when it is done by a good surgeon. Other approaches do include botox injections to interrupt unwanted muscle contractions, fillers such as Radiesse or fat to replace lost volume, and lasers or chemical peels to improve skin quality. Compare results and ask about the duration of improvement.

Non-Surgical Facelift

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you never had any surgeries just some procedures that caused bruising and swelling with bad results. If you have jowling and excess neck skin you might want to consider a real lifting procedure that will get you results. Many facelift procedures can be performed under local anasthesia, you just have to be sure you know your getting something worthwhile.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS