Are There Alternative to Expensive Lip Fillers? Injectable Fillers Don't Last Long With Me.

I have had perlane and juvederm done twice now, with 4 weeks inbetween each. 1ml on bottom and top lip. It is very expensive as it has only lasted me 4 weeks each time and ive spent over $1000 just on 2ml. Somebody mentioned it should last much longer but is only lasting me 4 weeks :( Is there a cheaper alternative to lip fillers for plump lips ? somebody mentioned botox on the corners of the lips but im not sure if this works ?

Fort Lauderdale Lips!

I always love opportunities to "re-challenge" patients with products for lip augmentation, or other areas. More often than not, the patients I re-treat with the same products from US FDA-Approved products have lasting beautiful results. I find those that are short-lived are not authentic products, or diluted severely. As a consumer, demand to read labels & have the product brought in in an unopened package if you continue to experience this.

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent lip augmentation

I use the Perma Facial Implant for permanent lip augmentaton.  Perma Facial Implant is a patented, FDA approved device.  It is made of a soft, solid silicone elastomer and has a smooth, non porous surface that cannot rupture.  The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia in 30 minutes or less!

Of course.  You can consider lip implants for lip augmentation.  There are three lip implants available: made of silastic, saline filled covered with Goretex and Alloderm.  IMHO, Alloderm is the superior lip implant in feel and results and I have used this for well over 15 years.  The results last about 7 years.

Permanent Lip Augmentation

It is unfortunate to hear that your lip augmentation with temporary fillers is short lasting.  An alternative you might consider is to have a lip implant put in to achieve the augmentation you desire.  I would recommend discussing this with a board certified specialist who performs lip implants to determine if it is for you.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Silikon-1000 may be safely used by experienced physicians for natural-looking, permanent lip augmentation.

Silikon-1000 is a permanent, off-label filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. My experience with Silikon-1000 for permanent, natural-looking lip augmentation has been excellent. Several treatments (1-3) are typically necessary to obtain a desired result, and in my practice, problems are infrequent. Tell your doctor if you have a history of frequent cold-sores or herpes-infections on your lips: you may need to be pre-treated with valcyclovir (Valtrex).

You must find a reputable dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the serial puncture, micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to enhance your lips. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

In my practice, Silikon-1000 is safe for permanent Lip Augmentation, and leads to completely natural-looking, smooth lips. In just about everyone, patient satisfaction is very high.

I've attached a link to an interview I did for the Lip Augmentation Forum here at RealSelf.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from West Orange, NJ  

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long lasting lip augmentation

Of course there is a better alternative!  My patients and I love Silikon 1000  as a permanent filler for lip augmentation.  It requires several treatments, unlike the other fillers, but the results are PERMANENT.  If for some reason you don't want to have this filler, I have had great results with lip implants for PERMANENT lip augmentation and naturally feeling lips.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon