Are There Alternative to Expensive Lip Fillers? Injectable Fillers Don't Last Long With Me.

I have had perlane and juvederm done twice now, with 4 weeks inbetween each. 1ml on bottom and top lip. It is very expensive as it has only lasted me 4 weeks each time and ive spent over $1000 just on 2ml. Somebody mentioned it should last much longer but is only lasting me 4 weeks :( Is there a cheaper alternative to lip fillers for plump lips ? somebody mentioned botox on the corners of the lips but im not sure if this works ?

Fort Lauderdale Lips!

+1

I always love opportunities to "re-challenge" patients with products for lip augmentation, or other areas. More often than not, the patients I re-treat with the same products from US FDA-Approved products have lasting beautiful results. I find those that are short-lived are not authentic products, or diluted severely. As a consumer, demand to read labels & have the product brought in in an unopened package if you continue to experience this.

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent lip augmentation

+1

I use the Perma Facial Implant for permanent lip augmentaton.  Perma Facial Implant is a patented, FDA approved device.  It is made of a soft, solid silicone elastomer and has a smooth, non porous surface that cannot rupture.  The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia in 30 minutes or less!

Scott W. Harris, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

+1

Of course.  You can consider lip implants for lip augmentation.  There are three lip implants available: made of silastic, saline filled covered with Goretex and Alloderm.  IMHO, Alloderm is the superior lip implant in feel and results and I have used this for well over 15 years.  The results last about 7 years.

Permanent Lip Augmentation

+1

It is unfortunate to hear that your lip augmentation with temporary fillers is short lasting.  An alternative you might consider is to have a lip implant put in to achieve the augmentation you desire.  I would recommend discussing this with a board certified specialist who performs lip implants to determine if it is for you.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Silikon-1000 may be safely used by experienced physicians for natural-looking, permanent lip augmentation.

+1

Silikon-1000 is a permanent, off-label filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. My experience with Silikon-1000 for permanent, natural-looking lip augmentation has been excellent. Several treatments (1-3) are typically necessary to obtain a desired result, and in my practice, problems are infrequent. Tell your doctor if you have a history of frequent cold-sores or herpes-infections on your lips: you may need to be pre-treated with valcyclovir (Valtrex).

You must find a reputable dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the serial puncture, micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to enhance your lips. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

In my practice, Silikon-1000 is safe for permanent Lip Augmentation, and leads to completely natural-looking, smooth lips. In just about everyone, patient satisfaction is very high.

I've attached a link to an interview I did for the Lip Augmentation Forum here at RealSelf.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from West Orange, NJ  

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long lasting lip augmentation

+1

Of course there is a better alternative!  My patients and I love Silikon 1000  as a permanent filler for lip augmentation.  It requires several treatments, unlike the other fillers, but the results are PERMANENT.  If for some reason you don't want to have this filler, I have had great results with lip implants for PERMANENT lip augmentation and naturally feeling lips.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon