Alternative Approach to Correcting Male Gynecomastia Deformities?

I would really appreciate any advice anybody could offer. Last year I received gynecomastia surgery. The results are not sightly and I'm looking into corrective surgery. One of my nipples is very inverted (the nipple itself), while the other side seems to have experienced an aerola contour deformity (looks weird as I move around). Many MDs on this site recommend fat grafting, but another doctor I spoke to swears by a one time, fat flap sculpture, dynamic technique to permanently resolve.

Revision must be judged from risk/benefit standpoint

+4

Revision must be judged from risk/benefit standpoint.  You provide a good photo but an examination is necessary to determine maturity and mobility of the tissue planes deep to your areolae before a surgical plan of correction can be proposed.  Visit a reputable experienced board certified plastic surgeon for another opinion.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Male breast reductioj

+2
These type of problems are usually related to either scar contracture or over resection. Both fat grafting and local flaps ,ay help correct the problems

David L. Abramson, MD

Nipple/areola deformities after gynaecomastia correction

+2

If the problems with the nipple and areola have appeared only after the gynaecomastia surgery, they are likely to be because of scar contraction and adhesion of the nipple/areola to the underlying tissues. Fat graft or fat flaps (less commonly tried) are valid options. In some patients judicious steroid injections in the tethered area may help.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Revision gynecomastia surgery

+2

Fat grafting is an excellent way to correct contour deformities of the breasts in men as well as women.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Post gynecomastia defect

+2

The inverted nipple would be easy to correct.the contour deformity can be corrected perhaps by fat grafting or some touch up liposuction to smooth out the irregularities.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Correction of contour deformities after gynecomastia surgery

+2

With any surgery, there is the risk of asymmetry and contour deformity, including gynecomastia correction.

If you are unsatisfied with your surgical result, I would recommend being evaluated in person by a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with a great deal of experience in breast surgery and gynecomastia surgery.

It is possible to improve the appearance of the chest after gynecomastia surgery; however a complete history and physical examination is necessary to determine the best course of action.

Karen M. Horton, MD

Gynecomastia surgery problems

+2

The best advise is given by a plastic surgeon after complete examination. The pictures are one dimentional and the exam is three dimentional. Fat graft or fat flap are just two sides of the coin. consult two or three plastic surgeon who can give you a good advise after examination.

Gynecomastria revision

+2

One of the risks of gyencomastia surgey is over resection of tissue leading to hollowing.  I can not see that in the photo, but you are describing that.  A good exam will determine this. If this is the case sometiems fat grafting is offered.  There are other techniques as well.

Fat grafting for correction of Gynecomastia contour deformities

+2

Unfortunately a contour defect following gynecomastia is not an uncommon occurrence. Traditionally, dermal fat flaps were used to correct contour deformities. However, as fat grafting techniques have improved with time, fat grafting has become the preferred technique for contour deformity correction. Also, this technique is minimally invasive and should work well to resolve your problem. Good luck.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon