What Could Have Been Altered During Rhinoplasty to Cause my Cheeks to Sag?

I had rhinoplasty 4 years ago and as early as 1 week after the surgery I experienced sagging cheeks, longer upper lip and excess skin on my face. I am constantly biting the excess tissue on the inside of my cheek which was not there before surgery. Could this be due to overagressive hump removal or cutting of certian muscles? Can facial exercises improve my situation?

Rhinoplasty does not cause sagging cheeks

+2

This most likely is not due your rhinoplasty. Weight loss, genetic factors and aging causes these conditions. I have corrected similar problems in patients with massive weight loss with a combination of Facelift/Facelift. Good luck

Facial Sagging is NOT related to Nose Surgery

+1
Even the most aggressive nose surgery lifts only the nose skin off the underlying cartilage and bone support. As such a nose surgery is physically not capable of resulting in generalized facial sagging and aging. Dr. Aldea

Cheek sagging is not due to rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty usually only alters the skin, bone and cartilage of the nose, and has no impact on the amount of skin or soft tissue in your cheeks. Your condition is most likely unrelated to your surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Sagging cheeks following rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

I have not previously heard of this problem as a result of rhinoplasty. Have you also experienced massive weight loss? Theoretically, you could undergo a cheek or midface lift as a possible treatment but there is no guarantee that this will solve the problem

Cheek Sagging after Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry, but after doing this surgery for 35 years I cannot  even speculate on why a rhinopasty would cause facial sagging. Have a thorough medical evaluation to be sure this is not secondary to normal facial aging.