Vertical and Horizontel Scars Due to C-cection and Hysterectomy, Can a TT Remove These?

I already have virtical and horizontel scars do to c-cection and historectomy can these scars be removed with a tt leaving only one horizontel scar?

Vertical and horizontal scars and tummy tuck

+2

As long as these scars are below the belly button and above the pubic region, then there is a very good chance that they would be removed at the time of a tummy tuck. Any scars that you have above the belly button may be harder to get rid of. I hope this helps.

Removing lower abdominal scars in a tummy tuck

+2

As long as the upper abdomen has enough lax skin, I have many times been able to remove old vertical and horizontal scars during a tummy tuck.  So, yes it is possible, but only an in person exam will tell.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Scars

+2

In many cases it is possible to removal most or all of previous abdominal scars below the belly button. The only way to know is to obtain a consultation.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Hyterectecomy Scars & Tummy Tucks

+2

If all of your scars are located below the umbilicus and if you also have a sufficient amount of excess skin, it most likely will be possible for them all to be removed during a standard full tummy tuck.  Obtain a consultation with a BC plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your options as well as benefits/risks.

John Whitt, MD

Removal of C-section a Hysterectomy scars with Tummy tuck

+2

Most tummy tucks will remove the skin on the abdomen between the existing belly button and the horizontal scar.  If you existing scars are below the belly button, there is a very good chance they will be removed and replaced with the horizontal tummy tuck scar.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Scar Removal with Tummy Tuck

+1

The only way to know for sure is to go in for an examination.  IF your scars are below the belly button, most likely they will be removed when you have a tummy tuck surgery.

Make sure your surgeon is experienced with this procedure and you are comfortable with him/her.

Best Wishes!