Already Had Seroma Removed After TT, Lipo and Hernia Repair?

I am 49 years old and had a tummy tuck, lipo and hernia repair done on March 1, 2012. I almost immediately developed a seroma and after many months of aspirations, I underwent a surgery again to remove the seroma on August 24, 2012. I am now 3 weeks post op and still have the drain in place and still draining at 115cc's per day. I am back on antibiotics. My abd under incision is swelling again and is tender. I am nervous that another seroma could be developing. How long can the drain stay in?

Drains

+1

There is no set time for how long drains can stay in.  However, eventually they can get infected so the longer they stay in, the more likely that may happen.  Follow closely with your surgeon.

Hello

+1

Every practice is different the drains can stay in as long as it is needed. Make sure you are following your PS instructions and keep your incision clean...

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS