I Am 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty and I Don't Like the Tip. It's Big With A Bump, Will It Change? (photo)

I am already 2 months post my rhinoplasty and i don't like the tip. I think it is to big compared to the rest of the nose.l When I touch my nose it is like i have a bump on the tip. My nose looked prettier 2 weeks after the surgery than it is now. And i feel that it is not changing(i mean the tip) Do you think it is swelling or something?? Thank you!

Supratip fullness after rhinoplasty

+2

If you liked your nose when the splint came off it is very likely that you will like your nose in a few months when the swelling subsides.  If when you press on the area in your tip that appears full on profile and it is soft, it is certain that it is only swelling of the soft tissue.  You may want to visit with your surgeon to see if they feel a steroid injection to the area would be of benefit.  If when you press on the tip of your nose the area feels hard, there may be some cartilagenous fullness that may not decrease too much even after several months.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

Don't be too hard on yourself only two weeks after the surgery.  Noses are notorious for taking a long time to show the final results.  You may be needing to wait 6 to 12 months or longer before you see the final results.  The nasal tip is usually spongy feeling when there may be a significant reduction in supporting cartilage.  Always ask your surgeon about his or hers opinion about this.  They would be in a better position to discuss this with you than to ask our opinions., particularly without seeing a before photo of you.

Good luck.

Swelling 2 months post rhinoplasty

+2

The nose will go through changes related to inflammation and wound healing that may temporarily change its appearance after rhinoplasty.  Swelling is the most common cause of distortion in addition to scar contracture/tightening within the nose.  Although swelling can subside over the course of 3-4 months, it is possible to continue seeing subtle changes and softening in your nose up to one year.  This is the length of time required for most scars to mature and relax.  I will offer steroid injection to soften the tip and reduce swelling only after 6 months postop.  Patience is key to your final result.

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

I Am 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty and I Don't Like the Tip. It's Big With A Bump, Will It Change?

+2

From the photo, you appear to have supratip fullness.  I can't tell if this is from suratip scar tissue or residual cartilage.  You should ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Supratip swelling should improve

+2

From the picture you have provided, it looks like there is some supratip swelling that is common after rhinoplasty.  This will most likely improve over the next 3-4 months.  This swelling can sometimes be improved with a small amount of steroid injected directly into this area.  You can ask your surgeon to evaluate you and consider this. 

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with tip? Wait a few Months

+2

Dear Anul, you answered your own question without even realizing it.  You liked the tip when the splint came off and the tape because there was pressure on thip and the nose.  The swelling is minimized by the splint.  You will see your nose changing over the next few months and I would be willing to bet that by 6 months you will be very happy.  You are seeing swelling and I feel this will resolve without a problem.  Relax

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon