I Already Have Juvederm in my Nasolobial Folds and Under Eyes. I Got Pregnant Last Month. Should I Continue Having Juvederm?

I already have Juvederm in my nasolobial folds and under eyes. I got pregnant last month. as all your forums says no one knows the effect of dermal fillers on pregnancy and chile. Should I continue having Juvederm on my face ? Should I contact my doc and get it removed ?

Congratulations and no worries

+4

Congratulations on your pregnancy and do not worry about having this in your face. Although I can think of no danger with injecting this while pregnant , I still would not use fillers at this time. If you ever had any problems you would think of what you might have done to cause them so do nothing that you do not really need done. Besides, your face might change a little if you put on a few baby pounds. Save up your money to use after nursing. Bet you might prefer spending it on baby by then. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm and Pregnancy

+2

If you already have had it injected there is no reason to have it removed. I have hundreds of patients who I injected fillers on at one time or another, and then subsequently a month or several months later, they became pregnant. I have never removed fillers from any woman who is pregnant and I do not see a need to do so. Do not do any more fillers, Botox, etc. until after your pregnancy and any possible nursing, but there is no need to dissolve it now.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Impact of Juvederm on Pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question. I would discontinue getting any further fillers while pregnant and if breastfeeding. The effects have not been studied. There is no need to get the product that is already injected removed, as it will start its degradation process and be completely eliminated from the skin within several months. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Juvederm and pregnancy

+1

There is no need to have it removed, however we recommend discontinuing all cosmetic treatments (Botox, Juvederm, etc.) during the length of your pregnancy (and if you choose to breast feed), as the effects are unknown.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fillers during your pregnancy

+1

There is no issue with existing fillers in your face while pregnant. There also is very unlikely any issue with injecting more fillers like Juvederm during your pregnancy, but I would still wait (why take any chances!).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and pregnancy

+1

There is no need to dissolve the Juvederm that has already been injected.  However, it is best if you wait until after the pregnancy to continue with any further injections of fillers.  Best of luck to you!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in pregnany

+1

I agree with my colleagues on this.  I would leave the already injected Juvederm in place but would discourage you from adding new during the pregnancy. Congrats.

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Now that you are pregnant, it is safe to have the Juvederm already in place and there is no reason to remove it from the under eyes or your nasal labial folds. However, it is contraindicated to continue to receive Juvederm injections while you are pregnant, so I would discontinue until the baby is born.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm during pregnancy

+1

There is no problem already having Juvederm, so no need to have it dissolved; however, you should not have injections while you are pregnant.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist