I have a lot of headaches and back pain. I have triple D breast. could this be the cause of my pain?

will insurance pay for a breast reduction?

Breast Reduction Eases Back and Neck Pain

+1
It is very likely that your large breasts are the cause of your pain. You sound like you may be a great candidate for breast reduction. If your insurance covers breast reduction surgery you will most likely qualify. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that specializes in surgery of the breasts to help you get approval. Good Luck!

+1

It is possible that your symptoms are related to breast hypertrophy; as you can imagine, online consultants will not be able to make this determination with any degree of certainty however.  Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.
When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Hypertrophy Symptoms

+1
Enlarged breasts have been know to cause back and neck pain.  Headaches are also a common complaint. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best wishes

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Headaches and backpain, triple D breast.

+1
Women with large breasts can experience neck and back pain, bra strap grooving, rashes and itching underneath the breasts.  The headaches could be the result of referred pain from your neck.  From the symptoms you are describing, it sounds like you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction.  Women who have breast reduction can greatly improve their lifestyle.  Afterwards, they have improvement in their back pain, difficulty breathing, and bra strap grooving.  When combined with a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise, breast reduction can initiate a positive change in a person’s overall health and well-being.  Breast reduction is a procedure generally covered by insurance, but this varies with the state and the type of plan that you carry.  To see if you are a candidate for breast reduction, I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon