Can Alopecia Come Back After Five Years?

when i was about 12, my mother noticed a bald spot. eventually more hair began to fall out, and i lost most of the midsection of my hair. I went to see a dermatologist and she told me it was most likely due to pulling of the hair, and i had injection in my scalp, after a few months my hair successfully grew back. I regained my hair when i was 14, and now I'm 19 wondering if it could come back since i noticed thining of my hair even though my hair is never pulled.

Alopecia Areata Recurrence

+1
Alopecia areata, which is more what you have described, is not caused by pulling of the hair.  Rather it is felt to be due to the body actually
rejecting its own hair follicles.  It can be recur for no known cause, and is a reason for you to see a dermatologist if it was to return.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alopecia recurrence.

+1

It is very unlikely that you will have a problem of recurrence of your alopecia in the future.