I'm Almost 18 Years Old and Have Severe Gynecomastia? (photo)

I have been bullied about it all my life. I don't wear any of the nice clothes I like because of how they look on me. I want to have a surgery performed to make them go away... But I think i'll get really horrible bad scars like the transexuals get. Its a hard decision to make.. Is there a chance I wont be getting big scars? Like I have bad gynecomastia .. I know guys who only have a small bit get no real scars at all. So not fair. People ask me if im a girl because I have long hair and boobs

Gynecomastia Surgery: A Great Treatment for a Difficult Problem

+1

Many young men suffer emotionally from gynecomastia.  When breast tissue grows on the male chest, it is often difficult to hide.  Many young men become overweight in an attempt to hide their chest prominence.   Other young men wear multiple layers of clothes or even binding garments to flatten the breast area.

The photo that you presented suggests that you are a great candidate for a gynecomastia repair.   Fatty tissue can first be treated with liposuction using a very small incision.  The breast tissue not removed by the liposuction is then directly removed with a fine line incision at the bottom of the areola.  This heals great, and most of our patients find that the scar is not possible for others to see.

What are you waiting for?    Consider a consultation with a skilled, experienced gynecomastia specialist in your area.   Make sure that he/she is a board certified plastic surgeon!

I'm Almost 18 Years Old and Have Severe Gynecomastia?

+1

Thanks for sharing your issues. Best to obtain in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. It is a trade off of flat chest to one with scars that could be very small. 

Liposuction for gynecomastia surgery90210

+1

A minor liposuction procedure, followed by subareolar excision of fatty tissue and fibrous tissue if appropriate, will help solve your problems with gynecomastia.  Surgery90210

gynecomastia and Surgical Options?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced because of the appearance of your chest wall. Fortunately, the situation can be corrected with a well performed procedure. I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.

I would suggest that you achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing this procedure. I would also suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for in person consultation. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_gynecomastia.htm

Male Breast Reduction for Gynecomastia

+1

In most cases male breast reduction for gynecomastia can be performed through a very small incision at the bottom of the areola and is usually not noticeable.  This may be an option in your case.  If the skin is substantially loose or excessive, it may be necessary to remove a ring of skin around the areola along with the underlying breast tissue.  In this case the scar would be a circular one around the areola but in most cases is well worth the trade off of a smaller, more masculine chest.  Best wishes. 

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery For A Teenager

+1

The good news is that this is not a particularly difficult surgery.  A small incision about 1/4" is made just to the side of your chest and tumescent fluid placed into the chest/breast area.  Liposuction will decrease the size of your breast and the size of your nipple areolar complex.  Next, a 3/4" incision is made just at the edge of your nipple areolar complex and some gland is removed.  This has to be done very carefully.  If too much gland is removed, you will have an inverted, unattractive looking nipple.  Also, this tissue must be sent to pathology since male breast cancer is a reality. 

Scars on transsexual males at the edge of the areola may be more visible because something is being put in, and therefore there is more tension leading to increased scarring.  The incision at the edge of your areola should be less visible because actually we are taking some out which would lead to less tension, therefore less scarring. 

Gynecomastia, whether it is fat or gland or both, is incredibly embarrassing and I feel your pain, but if you do this for yourself, it will make a world of difference in your life.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+1

You do have severe  gynecomastia,that fortunately is very amenable to correction.

Depending on the nature of your tissues most of it could be corrected with liposuction

which will leave minimal  scarring .A small incision may also be necessary around the areola to excise any firm glandular tissue.The scar in this area usually heals very well

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/male-reduction-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Male Breast Surgery

+1

Based on your photos, you have gynecomastia.  I highly recommend that you seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your expectations and concerns.  This surgery makes happy people.  Be ready to follow your surgeons instructions, and wear you chest binder post operatively for the best results.  Most likely, you will not have scarring issues. Best of luck to you.

HELLO

+1

Sorry to hear that you are going through some hard times because of people mean spirits. Yes, you are a good candidate to have a GYNECOMASTIA being that you are Caucasian you should heal fine. We cannot guarantee that you won’t get any scarring or at least pronounced scarring. Being that you have light skin and the skin around our breast is thin you should get decent scars. You should go see a Certified Plastic Surgeon.