Climbing Stairs After Tummy Tuck

Post tummy tuck, is it possible to go on stairs following this procedure. How soon?

Climbing stairs and activity after tummy tuck

+3

I usually allow my patients to climb stairs as soon as they feel able.  They generally move more slowly, but I encourage immediate walking and activity rather than bedrest, to reduce the chance of blood clot formation.

Generally activities that deploy the core such as lifting, picking up things, stooping, situps, etc. are discouraged until the deep layers have sufficiently healed.

Web reference: http://www.drbrent.com/hybridabdominoplastyprocedure.php

Climbing Stairs After Tummy Tuck

+2

I typically instruct my patients to try to minimize up and down stair climbing the first 24-48 hours after surgery.  After that, you should be able to listen to the feedback that you get from your body to know if you are pushing yourself too much, as long as you are not taking too many narcotic pain medications.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+2
My recommendations fall in line with the other plastic surgeons and that is that there should be no problem as long as proper caution is exercised.

Climbing Stairs OK After Tummy Tuck

+2

It is okay to climb stairs following a tummy tuck if necessary.  I would recommend climbing slowing and initially with some assistance.  It is important also to avoid carrying anything of significant aditional weight when going up the stairs.

Climbing stairs after a tummy tuck.

+2

Many of our patients are going up stairs the night of surgery, but with assistance.

Tummy tucks are usually done as outpatient procedures for us and where we are located in the DC suburbs most people live in town houses.  They may even have to go up a flight of stairs to get into the house.

Things may vary for your doctor given his or her experience and way they perform the procedure.

Pain may be one limiting factor, but the effects of pain medication or general weakness or dizziness from surgery are others.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Stairs are OK right after tummy tuck

+2

Stairs are fine even right after a tummy tuck. You may be sore so take it easy, go slowly and hold on when you go up or down. The small bit of effort and exercise will be good for your chest to encourage to breath, and good for your legs.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Climbing stairs immediately after a tummy tuck

+2

My recommendation to patients is to minimize this for the first few days after surgery - and only when you feel that you are able to. Initially, you should have someone with you who could assist you if the need arose (ie - lost your balance, felt light headed, etc.). If you are very drowsy or feel light headed, you should not be climbing stairs.

Climbing stairs after tummy tuck.

+1

It won't be impossible to climb a few stairs following the procedure with help but you do have to rest for 24 to 48 hours until your post op appointment.  We advise our patients to try not to climb stairs the day of the surgery if possible. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Climbing Stairs After Tummy Tuck

+1

For my patients ONLY! at least a week. Check with your chosen surgeon. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski