Alloderm Vs Fat Grafting for Silicone Implant Rippling?

I'm 5'3", weigh 116 lbs and have 400 cc sub-muscular silicone implants. I went from a B to a D cup with the augmentation. The right breast is fine, however the left breast shows rippling in the cleavage. It's enough that I won't wear anything low cut. I realize my skin is too thin and I either need alloderm or fat grafting to fix the problem. Should I have one or both?

Repairing ripples after gel augmentation

+1

Ripples can be a vexing problem in one who is thin as you describe yourself.  Fat grafting is simple to camouflage the irregularities but do you have fat elsewhere that can be used and are you accepting of the risks?  Alloderm or Strattice could be placed in the area of concern but there is considerable risks and cost that would come with it.  Finally, you could consider converting to the textured anatomic cohesive gel implants but they lose the 'natural' movements of your current implants when you lay down.  Talk to your doctor about your options and pick what is best for you.

Strattice, Alloderm, or fat grafting for implant rippling

+1

Thre are a number of things to consider when breast implants show rippling, including the very important question of whether the implants are of the appropriate diameter. In general, ripples will show where the tissues have thinned out. Strattice is my go-to option for that since it has better coverage than Alloderm, and is much more predictable than fat grafting for that application. Alloderm is most often used in breast reconstruction, where its more stretchy quality is beneficial with tissue expansion.

Richard Baxter, MD