Allergy Causing A Droopy Eyelid- Is This Permanent? Can I Fix It? (photo)

I’ve had a droopy eye for a year or so and its never really caused me concern or hassle. Normally I don’t even notice it and hardly anyone else notices it. But a week ago I started to notice it more and more and I asked my doctor about it. He said its an allergic reaction to something in the area but isn’t sure what. I was happy with his answer and I’m not questioning it. But I didn’t ask if its permanent or fixable. Its starting to bother me. I can’t look in a mirror anymore without cringing.

Ptosis

+1

Although your doctor may be right, it is likely that you have true eyelid ptosis, not related to allergy. It is very common problem and ptosis surgery can help lift the eyelid for better symmetry.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon