Allergic Reaction to Medical Tape After Areola Reduction Suggery and Liposuction, Will this Affect the Scars?

Hello and happy new year to all, Well, 10 weeks ago I had liposuction of the left breast and areola size reduction. The areola formed scab at certain places. Some of the scab fell off. This left the outer skin raw. SO, to prevent infection, I applied Fucidin and covered the areola with non sticky dressing. I used hypoallergic micropore tape to fix the dressing. But, the medical tape gave me an allergy. The skin is red, itchy with little pimples. It's gradually going away. Will I have scars?

Scars after Reaction to Skin Tape

+1

Most reactions to skin tape do not leave scars but ask your plastic surgeon to follow it and see if anything needs to be done. 

Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Allergic Reaction and Scars?

+1

Based on your description, you will not necessarily have increased scarring after your allergic reaction. Sometimes depending on the patient's skin type/tone  patients may have hypo or hyperpigmentation of the skin where the allergic reaction occurred.

I would suggest close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.