Allergic Reaction Caused Under Eye Bags That Won't Go Away

I had an allergic reaction to a face cream about 2 months ago. The reaction caused severe under eye swelling. The swelling went down, but now I am left with bags under my eyes. I have tried everything from tea bags, cold packs, to cucumbers and nothing seems to be working. Is there something besides surgery that will make them go away?

Lower eyelid bags

+1

You might want to see a dermatologist to consider getting patch tested to see the chemicals to which your skin reacts. Once you have ab allergy, the skin can be more sensitive to other products that contain that ingredient, even if you never reacted badly to the same product in the past.

Eye bags after allergic reaction

+1

Time is your friend. Allow sufficient time for the swelling and inflammation to resolve. This may result in lightening of the skin from post inflammatory pigmentation which may be aggravating the appearance of the skin. If your condition persists beyond 6-9 months I would consider the use of fillers to the tear trough as well as skin lightening regimens possibly with resurfacing techniques.