If I Am Allergic to Aspirin Can I Have a Vi Peel?

Aspirin allergy and Vi Peel

+1

One of the ingredients in the Vi Peel is salicylic acid which is related to aspirin. It is generally recommended that if you are allergic to aspirin that you avoid salicylic acid, Although I have never heard of someone with this allergy actually having a reaction to salicylic acid, I would advise an alternative.

Allergy to aspirin may cause problems with VIPeel

+1

VIPeel is a wonderful peel that combines several peeling agents and lidocaine into one product.  One of the components is salicylic acid which is related to aspirin.  While it may not be an absolute contraindication, you may want to proceed with caution when using this peel.

Corey L. Hartman, MD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon