What can I do for my eyebrows? One has a higher arch than the other. (photo)

Is Botox right for me to fix my asymmetric eyebrows ? One has a higher arch than the other. It's really noticeable when I laugh too bc the one with a lower arch slants down even more. I thought a brow lift but I'm scared to do that... Thank you !

Changing shape of brow with Botox

+3
This is an advanced technique requiring complete knowledge pf facial anatomy but very doable with a small amount of Botox.

What can I do for my eyebrows? One has a higher arch than the other

+1
Injecting the correct amount of units in the proper area can help your eyebrows symmetric, I suggest you seek a highly skilled injector 

Changing brow position with Botox

+1
Depending on the brow position that best appeals to you, the higher brow can be lowered slightly to match the other side, or the lower brow may be able to be raised at least at the tail, if not the peak of the arch itself.

The goal would be to make them more symmetric; perfect symmetry is not likely to be achievable. A facial plastic surgeon, trained in these advanced techniques, should be able to assist you in achieving significant improvement. Happy injecting! 

Anita Sethna, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hi Judy,

This photo gives a small impression of what you are referring too. However, in my opinion botox is a great way to effect brow height. An in person consult with an oculoplastic surgeon or plastic surgeon could help you in the right direction to get the information and treatment you desire. Hope this was helpful!

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyebrow shape & Botox

+1
This can be corrected in the clinic, using Botox. Depending on the side you like more, the other side can be injected with a few units of Botox, to make them symmetrical.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

What can I do for my eyebrows? One has a higher arch than the other.

+1
There are both surgical and non-surgical options. Given that your skin looks very youthful in this limited photo, I likely would not recommend surgery for someone of your age. Alternatively, Botox can be very effective at slightly raising and arching the lower/ flatter brow and, on occasion, subtly lowering the higher more arched brow. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox may help

+1
Botox may help this problem. A little above the eyebrow that is arched higher may help to decrease the frontalis muscle action and flatten the arch in that brow or a little under the flattened brow may decrease the orbicularis occuli muscle action and raise the arch some. Work with your plastic surgeon as there may be a bit of learning what works best for you.

Daniel Laughlin, MD
Annapolis Plastic Surgeon