What Can I Expect From Pregnancy 4 Years After Tummy Tuck?

hello all, 4 years ago I did a tummy tuck, because I thought I was not going to have more babies, but now change of thinking and wanted to know if it is safe for me and baby, what are the SYMPTOMS? hurts when you're pregnant with a tummy tuck? what are the differences from normal pregnancy and when you have a tummy tuck. thanks for your time.

What Can I Expect From Pregnancy 4 Yrs Aftr Tummy Tuck?Answr:

+1

You should do fine! It has been my experience with my patients that the tummy stretches without problem and that after delivery, the tummy usually does not return to where it was before the TT ..but... there may be some "touching up" required!! But overall, patients do very well...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy AFTER Tummy Tuck

+1

A well-done Tummy Tuck not only removes the extra, loose skin of the tummy but also takes in the looseness of the tummy muscles and repairs any muscle splitting. In effect, it reverses all the abdominal wall damage created by pregnancy. A pregnancy after a tummy tuck will largely undo many if not all of these corrections. As your uterus grows from its normal size of a lime to the size of a very large watermelon it stretches everything in its path. No scar and no suture is a match for this persistant stretch.

Inform BOTH your OBGYN you had a Tummy Tuck and let him/her be in contact with your Plastic surgeon for additional information.

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Generally, patients are able to have normal pregnancies after tummy tuck surgery. However, I have heard anecdotally (recently) from patients and OB/GYN physicians that the abdominal wall can be very tight and that some OB/GYN's recommend earlier delivery if possible. Check with your own OB/GYN for his/her experience in this situation.

Depending on the weight gain/loss,  changes in skin elasticity,  genetics etc.  revisionary surgery may be necessary after the pregnancy. This is a situation where only time will tell.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm