Does an All Porcelain Fixed Bridge Cost More Than One That Has a Metal Base?

I recently had a 3 crown bridge fixed to my molars. It was made of all porcelain, and has cracked twice. My dentist has now recommended to have porcelain crowns with a metal base made. I have paid over $3000.00 and was wondering if the metal base one will cost me more money.

Porcelain bridge is a better option

+1

Yes. Base metal is non-precious which many people are allergic to. So in most cases all porcelain bridge is safer, more cosmetic and also more expensive.  

Encino Cosmetic Dentist

Do all porcelain bridges cost more than metal?

+1

First usually we recommend on 2nd and 3rd molars consider all metal very unlikely to ever crack, the trade off is less esthestic but would see it back there!!! Next understand when you say metal in dentistry we have non precious metal the least expensive, semi precious metal alittle more expensive and noble metal or precious metal the most expensive. Depending on weight and size of the bridge a precious metal bridge could be much more expensive than all porcelain. Also when you state the porcelain bridge fractured twice you should know is it really porcelain or e.max or zircronium the Zircronium bridge called Bruxir is very strong also its important to understand what was used as cement, if the wrong cement is used failure will occur, we suggest mutil link or relyx good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD   CEO Baystate Dental PC.

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of All Porcelain Bridge vs Metal Based

+1

All dentists have their own pricing strategy. The fee depends more on the experience , expertise, and quality of the work, rather than simply based on the material used.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

It should not

+1

Porcelain to metal bridges or crowns are among the least expensive restrations out there so to answer your question, it should not cost more

Aria Irvani, DDS
Irvine Cosmetic Dentist