Do All Microdembrasions Work the Same?

As to they all improve acne scars , sun damages, etc. So i went to my dermatologist because of my acne scars, and i dont know if its uneven tan or sun damage. The thing is when i went to my dermatologist., she asked me what bother you the most and i said my acne scars, but i forgot to mention the sun damage/ skin tan too. She suggested microdembrasion since i am too young 22, but i need to know if mircodembrasion help improve sun damage or uneven skin tans too. Are als work towards this.

Microdermabrasion Best Reserved For Refreshing Facial Skin Appearance

+2

Microdermabrasion, as the name implies, is any procedure that very superficially mechanically abrades the skin. Aluminum oxide crystals, synthetic diamond particles, brushes of all kinds, etc. have been used for this purpose for a number of years. The effect is not much different than if you vigorously used Buf-Pufs, Loofah sponges, Clarisonic brushes, or even a vigorous scrub with a wash cloth or gauze pad.

For individuals with mild sun damage, skin roughness, slightly irregular pigmentation and very fine wrinkles, the results of a series of microdermabrasion treatments are typically somewhat smoother skin, improved luster discolorations, and perhaps subtle diminution in the appearance of fine wrinkles. I have no objections to microdermabrasion for anyone seeking a pampering, spa-like treatment experience.

On the other hand, for persons with more pronounced wrinkling, scars of all kinds (including acne scars) and discolorations, there are many more appropriate, effective, and more cost-effective treatments that are available. Depending upon the individual circumstances, these range from chemical peels of all kinds, manual dermasanding, radiowave dessication, subcision and medical microneedling, to name just a few.

Of course, consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician who is skilled and experienced in all these modalities and who can create a treatment plan for all skin problems present is the best way to ensure that all your needs will be addressed properly and most cost effectively.