All Doctors Here Are Saying That Usually One Syringe of Radiesse is Not Enough?

Ok most doctors here are saying that when a patient complains that they see no results,most doctors here will respond that they probably need more than one syringe,then why is everyone charging so much for one syringe of radiesse??i think the prices are absurd.

+1

It all depends on the area that is being treated and the results you wish to achieve. Without a photo provided I cant evaluate how many syringes you would need for full correction. Most patients see a great difference with 1.5 cc of Radiesse injected, but again it all depends on the patient and how deep the line/wrinkles are. 

Is on syringe of Radiesse enough?

+1

The majority of my Radiesse injections are typically one syringe per patient. However, with significant facial volume loss, occasionally more than one syringe is needed to get good results. The dramatic before and after results you typically see posted on web sites are often from injecting three or more of the 1.5 cc Radiesse syringes. My own before and after pictures are posted on my web site (the link is below) showing my face after injection of four full sized syringes of Radiesse. It is always important for the doctor to make sure the patient has the right expectations for the treatment that is planned. To answer your question about the cost of Radiesse injections, they can vary dramatically from one area to another. Because I am a member of the medical education faculty for Radiesse, I frequently have patients flying into Burlington, Vermont for treatment due to my expertise as well as lower prices.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How Much Radiesse is Needed?

+1

It depends on what you want to accomplish that determines how much Radiesse will be needed.  It does often take more than one syringe to adequately treat some of the most common problems, especially to restore volume to the aging face.

Radiesse is costly for several reasons, including the relatively high cost charged to the physician by the manufacturer, and the time and skill required by the physician to expertly inject it. Keep in mind that the injection of a filler is a medical procedure, best done by a physician (or a P.A. or nurse directly under his supervision) in the fields of facial or general plastic surgery, dermatology or oculoplastics.

I give a multiple syringe discount to encourage patients to get a full correction.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Prices and Amount Needed

+1

For most of our patients, one syringe of radiesse is sufficient to do one to three major areas. Material costs are high so that is a leading factor in the pricing of dermal fillers. However, you are correct that overinjection is a problem in the industry especially at medspas where botox and dermal fillers make up a large percentage of their income. Before you choose an injector, consult with 2 - 3 experienced and expert injectors in the area so you have an understanding of appropriate fees and the recommended amount for a treatment.   

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Charges for fillers

+1

The amount of filler a patient needs depends upon their personal area being filled and the depth of the lines/wrinkles. Yes, for some patients, one syringe of any filler just won't be enough. I would say on average I inject 1.0ml of filler for a major area, however, there are many patients who will not see significant results from a single syringe and it is our job as injectors to let people know that so they aren't disappointed. Fillers cost a great deal to doctors (the price of a filler depends upon the company who makes it and what they charge!) and based on those prices, we charge that, plus our experience, time, training, supplies, etc. There are a number of costs that patients much understand - it's not just the price of the filler, you are paying for the doctor's time, experience, staff, and training too. And these are very important things to take into consideration when selecting an injector.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Cost of Radiesse and Amount Needed

+1

I am not sure what price your doctor quoted you, but please keep in mind that each syringe costs the doctor a good amount.  So not only is there a material cost fee for the patient, but a treatment (and expertise) fee for having the injections done.  Some doctors charge by the syringe and some charge by the areas treated.  Depending on the patient's areas of concern and the involvement of those areas, often times one syringe is not enough to get a noticeably improved result.  There are a lot of excellent board-certified dermatologists or facial plastic surgeons who are experienced injectors and very fair with there pricing. Good luck!

Channing R. Barnett, MD