Creams Haven't Helped "Tired Eyes", What Options Do I have? (Photos)

creams don't work and spent alot of money people always ask me if i didn't get enough sleep. i do find this very fustrating and need help as i get called names like elephant eyes ,bag lady.

Creams Haven't Helped "Tired Eyes", What Options Do I have?

+1

as

Creams can be helpful in improving the quality of your skin, but they will not remove puffy "bags" or tighten loose skin. Non surgical options include Botox for lateral "Crows feet" lines, or soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm or Radiesse to fill in tear trough hollowing. Surgical options include laser resurfacing of the lower lids. This can be helpful in smoothing out finer lines and can in some cases help with dark circles. Lower lid blepharoplasty (eye lid lift) can help with lines, excess skin and fat and can help improve the shape of the lower eyelid. What works best for you depends on your anatomy of your lower lid area and what your expectations are. A thorough discusion of the above options with a board certified plastic surgeon will guide you in your decision making.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tired eyes. Best treatment?

+1

It is very helpful that you submitted a photo, but even with this, it is impossible to decide on the best treatment without seeing you.  Certainly, under eye fillers might be a great possibility for rejuvenating your appearance without surgery.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

"Tired Eyes" may be improved with fillers under the eyes

+1

You are one of many people who suffer from dark circles and bags under the eyes that make you look tired, even when you aren't.  As you have found, creams don't help.

Dark circles and tired eyes are treated very well with fillers placed in the tear trough and cheek area. 

The fillers remove the bags by filling in the indentations around them. Treatments are maintained on a 6 month interval

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Help

+1

There are a number of things that can be done to help undereye circles.  Filler or volume into depressed areas, tightening of the skin and removal of fat in the eyelid itself.  Of course, we need to see you to be able to advice you on which procedures would be best for you!  Find someone who can offer you all of these procedures and you trust and review all of your options.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Creams will improve the quality of the lower eyelid skin but are incapable of decreasing fat bags.  Lower eyelid surgery is the only real solution to remove these bags.  Fillers add volume and IMO will increase the volume and compound the issue.

Nonsurgical treatment of lower eyelids

+1

First of all I would encourage you to send your creams back to the companies that promised you results and try to get your money back. If you are persistent you may get a refund. It is hard to tell from your picture, but what I can see, your bags aren't that bad but they look worse because of the well-defined crease under your lower eyelids which plastic surgeons now call a 'tear trough deformity.'  This can be improved significantly without surgery by injecting a hyaluronic acid such as Restylane or Juvederm. It is an office procedure and is done after injecting some local anesthetic to decrease pain (which there usually is very little) and to reduce bleeding. You may get bruising with the injections so avoid taking any blood thinners such as aspirin for two weeks before getting an injection.  The results can last up to a year.  You can always add a little more after a few weeks if you don't get enough correction the first time. Although these are not approved by the FDA for injection into the lower eyelids, it is considered an 'off-label' use and is a very common procedure. Ask your doctor about the treatment and other risks.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkle creams?

+1

surgery and occasionally fillers are the best option for lower lid bags. if you want creams save them for post op maintenance and use the cheapest cream with retinol or retin a and a goos sun block. good luck.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Don't waste your money on the expensive creams.

+1

A basic eye cream is very helpful.  That should not set you back more than $30.00.  After that forget about it.  This companies make sound like the cream is giving you a facelift.  No way.   For the under eye area, consider getting under eye filler service from an experienced injector.

Fillers?

+1

Have you tried fillers into the 'groove' or the tear trough area under your eyes. This may be a good option for you  The way it works is by filling in the depressions around the eyes, which improves the shadows, making you look less tired. The other option would be a surgical one which requires removal of the fat pockets under the eyes. A surgeon experienced in eyelid surgery will be able to examine your particular situation and discuss your various options. (Your picture doesn't show a close up of your periocular (eye) area so I am providing two options for you).

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS