Do All Cheek Implants Show Up As the Skin Ages?

Hello, I would like a permanent solution to my flat mid face and I was thinking about cheek implants but I've heard they show up as the skin ages and thins out. Is there an implant that doesn't do this or a way to prevent this from happening? Thank you for your time!

+1

I have performed Cheek Augmentation with Cheek Implants for over 25 years and they will still look good many years after placement.  They key is to have the proper size and shaped cheek implants to give a natural more attractive look.

Aging with cheek implants

+1

The  cheek implants are placed underneath the periosteum directly over the maxillary bone. A  conservative sized implant will not show up many years down the road with the aging process,  as long as they are placed in the proper position.

Cheek implants and the aging process

+1

It is unlikely that the implants will be visible as you age unless you have dramatic weight loss in the face area and even then it is unlikely. Now if the implants are too big you may very well see the edges and that can get worse with age. I would suggest a more conservative sized implant. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants and aging.

+1

Cheek implants will look just like an aging cheek would IF the surgeon does not put in one that is too big. I have many patients that I put cheek implants in more than 30 years ago that still look natural though the patient has aged.