A Little Overweight (5 Maybe 10lbs ) and I Want to Breast Augmentation Done and Possibly a Tummy Tuck, Do I Have to Wait?

At my heaviest I was 275lbs,4 years ago. I'm 29 years old, weigh about 150, and have had 3 c-sections. I'm sure I want breast implants and possibly want a tummy tuck but theres a slight chance we might want one more child. I have aprox the next 2 months work free(due to family thing), extra money, and help to take of my 3 small children. I know I am still alittle over my ideal weight but everything else seems like perfect timing, do I have to wait to get the surgeries performed or just the tuck?

Timing for Mommy Makeover

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. You are in a good place weight wise for your breast and body surgery.  I would ask you to discuss with your partner about your family planning.  I would encourage you to complete your family prior to any cosmetic surgery.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. ES

Breast augment + Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds like a Mommy Makeover to me! Five to ten pounds is not a big deal, and if you can lose it, great. That type of weight loss won't impact the results of surgery I have had a number of patients who have had pregnancies after tummy tuck who do really well - they are fit and exercise through the pregnancy.  As long as you don't have any problematic medical issues, the procedures are definitely worth looking into. Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck before weight loss.

+1

Thanks for the question, and congratulations on the weight loss.  I am sure you have been working very hard to achieve this goal.  A few extra pounds would not matter for a breast augmentation or a tummy tuck.  It sounds like after 3 C-sections and weight loss you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  However, you should definitely wait on the tummy tuck until you are sure you will have no more children.  A tummy tuck is a big operation and it takes a while to recover from it.  You would not want to reverse the improvement you obtained from a tummy tuck by getting pregnant.  The breast augmentation should be fine though.  Good luck!   

Mark E. Mason, MD

+1

HI, Thank you for your question.  It should be firne to proceed with the breast augmentation. 5 - 10 lbs is not going to make a difference.  However, with the chance of having one more child, you should probably hold off on the tummy tuck.  Pregnancy after a tummy tuck can effect your cosmetic results because the skin could get stretched out again.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Weight and Surgery

+1
Five or ten pounds would not be an impediment to undergoing the surgery. However, my real concern in your case is the statement that there is a slight chance that you might want another child. I think that you have resolve this issue before having surgery as an additional pregnancy could affect the cosmetic result, particularly given your history of C-sections.

Robert L. Kraft, MD