Caved in Nipples and Misshapen Breast Post Explant. Please I Need Advice on What I Can Do if Anything?

Hello I am day 13 today post explant.I had compression bandage for 10days. Removal of bandage revealed misshapen breasts and caved in nipples. Surgeon told me to massage now. Is this correct? I am 43yrs old. Had implants of 350cc for 5 years. Both surgeries through the areola. Had CC on R side Grade II for 2 yrs.(my left nipple had scarring post BA but it did correct itself) Post BA i was an AA/A cup.I don’t know what to do. I am using tape and pulling the nipples up.Could this help me?

Caved in Nipples and Misshapen Breast Post Explant.

+3

I would continue doing as you are doing so long as your skin tolerates the taping. Unfortunately,  implant removal is rather unpredictable. Other than what you are doing I have no suggestions for the present other than patience for 3 to 6 months at which time if there has been no improvement, your surgeon can discuss the scar revision options. And this can be improved.

Thank you for your question, and for the photos. Best wishes .

Post explant

+2

since the volume behind the breast has been removed this is a pretty normal post operative appearance. You have to allow time for healing.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Concerned about Breast Appearance after Removal of Breast Implants…

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concerns are understandable, unfortunately there is not much to do at this point other than allow for time  for the skin and tissues to contract. Massage may be helpful.  I do not think that the use of tape will necessarily help.

Ultimately, it will be best to evaluate the appearance of the breasts  6 months to one year after the removal of the breast implants;  at that point, discuss your concerns (if any) with your plastic surgeon.