Could Alcohol Be Hindering My Recovery?

I had a mini tt and lipo on my ab + flanks 5 wks ago. I notice a considerable difference in my shape however I still cannot fit into my jeans that I could fit into before the surgery, I measure my tummy every morning and the swelling does not seem to be going down. I exercises as per docs recs, have been eating super healthy,I am having a few alcoholic drinks per week and I am wondering if this ishindering my recovery process? I do not smoke and am very healthy before and after my op?

Alcohol and Recovery after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck operation. At this stage, it is still too early to evaluate the end results of surgery; swelling may persist normally for several additional months and may take up to one year for the skin to fully “re drape”. It is unlikely that a moderate consumption of alcohol is “hindering the recovery process” but you should be careful  about  the quantity/quality of caloric intake (generally speaking).

If you have specific concerns about the speed of your recovery, you will be best off following up with your plastic surgeon for in-person examination.

Hello

+1

You are still very swollen it takes 6-12 months for the swelling to completely subside. You should follow up with your PS and review your concerns. We don’t believe that alcohol can be hurting your results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Could Alcohol Be Hindering My Recovery

+1

A few drinks a week should not have any harmful impact on healing and recovery. It is not uncommon for patients to feel (and be) larger after surgery than before, and the time that it takes for the swelling to resolve varies considerably. Most can be back in their jeans by a month, but not all.

Continue healthy eating and exercise, and the swelling will resolve. Stay in contact with your surgeon to be certain that there is no fluid collection that is adding to your girth.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.