Alcohol After a Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck about 9 days ago and it wasn't in my plans to go out and have couple mixed drinks. I am very concerned that this will interfere with my healing process and i still have my drains. I feel very very guilty after spending thousands of dollars for the surgery of my dreams, did I really mess up? In need of advise! ;(

Couple of Alcoholic Drinks 9 Days after Tummy Tuck

+1

Two alcoholic drinks 9 days after tummy tuck likely will have no effect on wound healing or final results.

Alcohol After a Tummy Tuck?

+1

It won't affect your wound healing. However, if you are still taking narcotic pain medicine, this would not be safe. Discuss with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

Alcohol

+1

It is never a good idea to mix alcohol and narcotics or the anti inflammatory medications. If you are good enough to write this you must be OK

Alcohol after tummy tuck.

+1

Thanks for sharing. It's not likely that alcohol will hurt your healing after tummy tuck. It could interact with some medications so check with your doctor. Best wishes - Dr. Aldo.

Alcohol 9 Days After A Tummy Tuck

+1

Having a few mixed drinks 9 days after your tummy tuck will probably not alter the results.  However, it is not advisable in the immediate postoperative period.  Alcohol can act as a vasodilator and it can interact with pain medications you may be taking.  After surgical procedures, it is best to do things "by the book" to avoid potential problems.  Good luck, no need for guilt!    

Tummy Tuck and alcohol

+1

You should not consider alcohol while taking pain medications. If you are finished with you medications, then one may be 2 glasses of wine should be fine at this time. To be sure check with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.plastisurgerysacto.com

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol after surgery: when is it OK?

+1

Thre are two concerns with alcohol consumption after surgery: the first is potential interaction with pain medications, the other is an anticoagulant effect that can possibly contribute to bleeding. However, at 9 days you should be tapering off pain meds, and the bleeding issue should not be a significant concern.

Tummy Tuck and Alcohol

+1

Hi jayjay,

• Always follow your PS's post-op instructions to ensure a safe recovery.
  • Never drink alcohol while taking prescription pain medication.
  • Your few mixed drinks will not interfere with the healing process underway.

Be sure and check with your PS for his instructions on resuming alcohol.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Two Drinks after a Tummy Tuck

+1

A small amount of alcohol will not change your results. However, don't drink if you are taking any medications which may react with or increase the effects of alcohol. Ask you surgeon when you can have a drink again.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Alcohol Consumption

+1

Thank you for the question. There is no need for concern. The alcohol will not impede your healing process. What you may need to be cognizant of is the possible interaction between your pain medications and any ingested alcohol. I hope this helps.

Best of luck.