I Can't Deal with Uneven Breasts Anymore, What Are My Options?

Hi, my left boob is a DD and my right boob is around abouts a B roughly sizing. I've noticed this since I was 15 and went to the doctors at 16 who said to wait till I was 18, I went back in at 18 and they said to wait till I've had children I haven't had children yet and don't plan to for a while I am now 20 and it's affecting me emotionally and physically/sexually I need to do something about it. I just don't know what my options are... Please help!

+2

I would recommend an implant on the right with a breast lift or breast reduction on the left to help balance the breasts in size and shape.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breasts

+1

your left breast is larger. if size is the only issue then a breast lift will help balance out the two sides. 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

New option to correct asymmetry

+1

You clearly need both breasts lifted.  The asymmetrical volumes will require correction.  Either the large one can be made smaller by excision of tissue at surgery or liposuction or the smaller one can be made larger with augmentation.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your existing breast tissue, elevate them higher on the chest wall increasing upper pole fullness and displace them more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed or tissue can be removed to correct your asymmetry.  This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.  You are an excellent candidate for this new technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What can I do about my asymmetric breasts?

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Yes, your breasts are asymmetric, but this can be corrected by surgery!  If you like the size of your smaller breast, you can simply lift/reduce your left breast.  Many patients who are in your same situation choose to put implants in both breasts so they feel the same and lift/reduce the larger one.  They won't be exactly the same, but they will be close and a definite improvement for you emotionally and physically.  Make sure you consult with at least 3 board certified plastic surgeons and choose the one who you are most comfortable with who understands you.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry can be well corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are somebody who will really benefit by surgery now.  I think it will dramatically improve the quality of your life.

2)  There are several options, but one way is to lift the left breast and put an implant in the right.

3)  Your breasts may well change with pregnancy, and you may need a touch up, but that is in the future, and you want to feel better now.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast assymetry

+1

Thanks for the enquiry

To me the goals of breast sugery will be even sized breast mounds that fill the cup size yuo desire, with the nipple located on the top of the breast mound, and the left and right at the same height.

I am sure this is what yuo are after as well.  You just need to decide what cup size yuo would like to be at the end of the procedure and then seek aout a surgeon who understands yuor needs and plan to reduce and lift one side or augment the other side, or eben a combination of the two.

The plan is to get the result you desire.

All the best

Jeremy Hunt  ,

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry challenge

+1

I think that a unilateral breast reduction alone would be the simplest and most accurate option if you would be happy with 2 breasts about the size of your smaller side. They match may not be perfect but I think you could look quite "normal". If you preferred larger breasts it would be virtually impossible to get a good shape match by just augmenting the smaller one so you'd have to think about  reshaping the larger side with a mastopexy and having an implant on the smaller one. I believe that they would evolve quite differently over time though. The best result in most surgeons hands would be to do the unilateral reduction first, let it settle for 6 months or so then perform a bilateral augmentation with sizers to get the best long term match. These are usually very gratifying cases for doctor and patient, best of luck!

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Breast asymmetry can be corrected by surgery.

+1

Volume asymmetry of the breast can be corrected by use of breast implants, breast reduction, or combination. It all depends on where the patient wants to end up.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is common and can be corrected. There are two basic issues in correcting breast asymmetry - size and shape. Looking at your photos, Sophie, it seems that your right breast is smaller than the left, but the right breast is a better shape. If you are happy with the size of your right breast, I would recommend having a breast reduction performed on the left breast to even the size/shape of the breasts and the level of the nipples. So only one breast would be operated on. I think it would be difficult to make the right breast larger and look like the left.

Studies suggest that breast reduction surgery doesn't affect your ability to breast feed on that side. However, having a family will cause your breast shape to change over time, so there is a chance (after having surgery on one side only) that the changes may be asymmetrical.

If your breast asymmetry is affecting you now, seriously consider having it corrected now, even though there is a chance of needing further surger down the track after you've finished having a family.

I'll put a link to my before and after breast asymmetry gallery as part of this post.

Damian Marucci, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry options

+1

You could have your right breast enlarged and / or your left breast lifted and / or reduced.

Lifting your left breast will leave scars on your breast but these usually fade quite well over the course of a year and a half.

Enlarging your right breast will involve using an implant and this has implications you will need to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

You don't have to wait.

Douglas McManamny, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon