How Thick is Temporalis Fascia?

I was very happy with my nose for about 2 months after primary. Then swelling subsided and I found it too small and thin. My plan is to slightly augment fullness with fascia. How much augmentation can be achieved with a single layer of fascia? How thick is it? And do you agree with this approach? A surgeon I saw recently suggested this approach. Thank you for all for you advice as it really helps me make wise decisions hopefully!

How Thick is Temporalis Fascia?

+1

Dear Jnoland,

Thank you for your question, as a direct answer, the fascia itself is very, very thing. Fraction of a millimeter.  This can be layered as needed.  In some patients, re-vascularization is good and the fullness stays. In some patients, it does not get re-vascularized very well and dissolves over time.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Temporalis Fasci in Nasal Revision

+1

I frequently use temporalis in revision rhinoplasty surgery. The tissue can be layered so the thickness can be modified to meet the needs of each individual patient.

How Thick is Temporalis Fascia?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and fascia is a very thin, live tissue covering a muscle.  This will dissolve over time and not afford  a long term solution in my opinion. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Rhinoplasty revision with fascia.

+1

I have used this for 35 years and I can make it as thick or thin as I want. Wait 1 year for the last of the swelling to go down.