Will a non-surgical nose job remove my nose hump? (Photo)

For years now I have wanted to get rid of the hump that I have on the bridge of my nose. It is very noticible if people see me from the side but not so much from the front. I want to know if the non surgical procedure will help or if will it just make my nose look big? Am I just better off getting rhinoplasty done? Thanks in advance!

Using fillers for a non-surgical coorection of nose bump

+2
Fillers like Restylane and Radiesse can be used to minimize the appearance of the bump on the nose, but keep in mind that you should seek out a dermatologist or plastic surgeon that is very skilled with fillers to get the best result.

San Diego Dermatologist

Absolutely yes injectable rhinoplasty: hump camouflaged with filler

+1
You have a small hump and I have used fillers to camouflage the bump without making your nose to large. We have a lot of Asian patients who do not want a rhinoplasty at this time and we use Juvederm or Voluma which can last 2 years.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improvement of bump with nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1
Soft tissue fillers can be used in certain situations to correct deformities of the nose. One of the more common uses is to improve the profile by making a bump on the bridge less prominent. There are some deformities of the nose that cannot be corrected or improved by soft tissue fillers. Careful analysis and evaluation of the deformity requiring correction is key. If the problem is that an area is too small, then fillers can be used to add volume and improve the overall appearance. However, if an area is too large or prominent, then addition of fillers around the area to attempt to mask the prominent area will create a nose that is disproportionately large. It this case, rhinoplasty for reduction of the area is more appropriate. It appears that a soft tissue filler can be injected above your bump to fill in the depression and improve your profile.

However, there are several important considerations when using soft tissue fillers in the nose to improve safety and prevent both short and long term complications. Use temporary fillers NOT permanent (Silicone, Artecol, Artefill). All synthetic, permanent fillers are fraught with disastrous complications including chronic granulomas and infections that cannot be corrected and cause awful deformities. Use gel fillers NOT particulate (Radiesse, Sculptra). The amount of filler injected at one time must not be excessive as this can cause problems with not only the appearance but also the blood supply. Hyaluronic acid fillers are ideal for injection into the nose as they are temporary (usually last for over 1 year) and gel. Additionally, if too much filler is injected or there are problems with blood flow to the nose, an enzyme (hyaluronidase) can be injected to dissolve the product and reduce the risk of skin loss and scarring. Both Juvederm and Restylane are commonly used hyaluronic acid fillers.

You should discuss all of your options with a board certified plastic surgeon to decide what option is best for you.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

Nonsurgical nose job will not remove the hump

+1
A nonsurgical nose job involves injecting fillers above or below the hump to camouflage it.  Placing filler material into the nose makes the nose bigger, not smaller. The nasal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and needs to be shaved down to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are usually required after a hump removal. For many examples of hump removal, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo Gallery.