Is it possible to be still be swollen at almost 4 months or could it be fat? (photo)

I am almost 4 months post tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction of flanks abdomen and pubic area. The area above my incision is overlapping the bottom and my pubic area looks very full. Is this normal? My. pubic area did not look like this until about 1 months ago? I haven't gained any weight, but I'm wondering if this could be sure to fat? Also the right side of my abdomen looks bigger. Any advice would be appreciated.

Is it possible to be still be swollen at almost 4 months or could it be fat?

+1

The posted photos are of no help. They are at to long a focal distance. Also before photos could allow us to compare the result.. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions..//

Could still be swollen

+1

Swelling in the lower abdomen and pubic area can last for months, so it may be too early to tell.  One good indicator if it is swelling or fat is to see how it looks the first thing when you arise in the morning.  If it looks flat but gets progressively puffier as the day progresses, it is swelling.  However, if it looks the same upon arising as at the end of the day, it may well be extra fat.

The unevenness from one side to the other is not uncommon and has a number of causes, some created by the surgeon and some due to natural unevenness of the body.  Correction is not always needed, but it is worth discussing with your surgeon.  One common option is to reduce the fuller areas with touch-up liposuction.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Swelling following tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question and photos. Tummy tuck, especially when combined with liposuction, can result in swelling which can take a few months to resolve completely. The "new" swelling you're describing in your pubic area is a bit of a concern - I would recommend you make an appointment to see your plastic surgeon to make sure it is all just "swelling" and not a seroma (which may need aspirating). Your plastic surgeon may order and an ultrasound to looks for any pockets of fluid which may need draining.

Australia Plastic Surgeon