Which chemical peel (type or strength) would improve my nasolabial folds and marionette lines the most? (photo)

I have seen some before and after photos of older patients who's smoker lines, marionette lines, and nasolabial folds were reduced to basically nothing. I have had filler, which I like. But, these creases drive me crazy (I can see them all the time) and I would like them to be completely gone. What can I expect from a chemical peel? Do doctors provide peels to people in their 30s?

Fillers good for nasolabial folds

+1
Fillers would be the best thing for nasolabial folds. As you know, the results are immediate and can last for a few months to over a year, depending on what product is used. It's best to fill in the lines rather than try to peel them away.

Lasers are also an excellent treatment option when it comes to minimizing nasolabial folds. Lasers will generally require several treatments but are highly effective especially when combined with fillers. Personally, I have seen some great results with the MatrixIR. It is a fractional laser with no downtime, most patients only require 3 painless treatments.

Nasolabial Folds

+1
A chemical peel will exfoliate the top dead layer of skin, improving the tone and texture. It will not improve your “creases”.

I would recommend Belotero. Belotero is a Hyaluronic Acid filler, its molecule is cross linked to better integrate into your skin and mold to your facial contours making it an excellent choice for superficial lines. Like the “creases” that drive you crazy. Belotero will give you immediate smooth and natural results that can last up to 9 months.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which treatment is best for you.

For more information on Belotero click link below:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peel for Lines

+1
The best treatment for the lines in your skin is not a peel but rather an injectable filler like Belotero. I typically offer Jessner's or light TCA peels to my younger patients for maintenance of healthy skin. Deeper (35%) TCA peels are reserved for patients with more severe photo aging. 

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Etched creases

+1
I would not recommend a chemical peel regardless of the ingredient to treat the ectched lines. Belotero Balance is a filler that injected in the most superficial dermis. In time, the etched lines soften and blend more with the surrounding skin.

Cheryl M. Burgess, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

You have beautiful skin quality.

+1
I would not recommend a peel above 35% TCA.  Fillers are really what you need for your lines.  Stick with surgeons and physicians in the core aesthetic specialities like Dermatology, facial plastic surgery, plastic surgery, and oculoplastic surgery.  Don't go to a spa for these services.  Less is more.