Could you tell me if I am a candidate for neck/jowel liposuction or a mini lift? (Photo)

I am in my early 30s so I expect to hear "no" in response to a lift. But I wanted to hear expert opinion. My concern is that the skin seems to be sagging especially on the left side of my face. If you look at the image my lip is not even. This is why I thought a lift might be appropriate.

Alternatives to mini facelift surgery

+1
Although you do have slight facial asymmetry, I would not recommend a so called minilift, because a less invasive procedure can help address your concerns. One new minimally invasive technique called Thermi RF or Thermi tight uses radiofrequency energy to precisely dissolve fat and tighten the skin, with just a local anesthetic to the treated areas. A notable improvement is often achieved with just 1 treatment, and very little downtime. 

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Micro Liposuction of Jowl

+1
A complete exam is of course required for the best recommendation. Based on your limited photos (no side view given) I think that micro-liposuction of your jowls (more on on one side to even it out) would be appropriate. Realistic expectations are also very important, as no patient is perfectly symmetric.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Facial asymmetry correction

+1
Could you tell me if I am a candidate for a neck/jowl liposuction or a mini lift? The patient states that she is in her early 30s and expects a “no” response in regard to the possibility of a lift. Photograph shows there is mild asymmetry with perhaps some slight sagging on the right side in the area of the jaw line. Generally speaking the rest of the face is excellent. This provides an interesting insight into patient's expectations. It is not for the plastic surgeon to interpret the effect of a problem on a patient's self-esteem. While the occasional observer may feel a defect to be slight, and unimportant nevertheless the patient may feel considerable loss of self confidence because of it. Most people appreciate that virtually everyone has some mild asymmetry. There are few people who are so affected by a rather minor difference as most would see it that it affects their self-confidence, ability to function or creates other problems. If the patient has a significant psychological problem associated with an insignificant defect counseling may be more appropriate. However in this instance I think a slight mini lift would probably help the patient. The patient would have to weigh the disadvantages, cost, recovery and other considerations against the possible benefit. Unless this were a severe handicap to the patient I probably would not recommend surgery. Liposuction, and perhaps even the new Thermitight could help improve without being overly aggressive.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Mini lift and chin implant may be indicated.

+1
Mini lift and chin implant may be indicated but I need to examine the skin to determine if this is needed. Everyone ages differently.