What Are Your Thoughts on Trilipo MED? How Effective is It? Is It Worth It?

I am considering TriLipo, what are your thoughts on this non invasive treatment? Is it effective? worth the money?

Is noninvasive fat melting equal to liposuction?

+1

If someone is a good candidate for liposuction, then usually, liposuction is going to be a better choice for reducing and contouring. There are several options available now for noninvasive reduction, contouring and skin tightening, but I am not familiar with TriLipo specifically. Liposuction will almost always be a more efficient option to achieve results, if you're a candidate for it. The best way to determine if you're a candidate is to see a physician who is experienced in both liposuction and the newer nonsurgical options.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-invasive Trilipo for liposuction

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.  For the most part, the non-ivasive treatments will not give the patient the result they desire.  For instance, one non-invasive treatment claims a 22% reduction in fat volume.  That means that your belly fat will go from 1" thick to 3/4" thick.  Is that really that notieceable?  Even if you went under multiple treatments, you would more than likely pay more for this procedure than traditional liposuction.

I would recommend Smart Lipo Triplex.  It utilizes two different laser wavelengths to break down the fat more evenly and provide skin tighthening.  This can be done under a local anesthetic in a board-certified platic surgeon's office.  I ahve great success with this procedure and my patients are very happy with the results.

Good luck in your endeavors

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Trilipo

+1

As a general rule the less invasive any of these treatments are the less effective they will be and the less time the results will last.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Noninvasive Lipo Treatment

+1

Noninvasive treatments to reduce can be effective if your expectations are realistic.  Look at before and after photos, or, better yet, talk to a patient who has had it.  Liposuction in its conventional form has the ability to remove a tremendous amount of fat and make dramatic changes.  Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your specific needs.

There are many non-invasive contouring devices with great claims of effectiveness!

+1

TriLipo is another in a long list of devices that are designed to improve body contours using energy to stimulate reduction of fat and improved shape. I have trialed many of these devices (non TriLIpo) and consistently see some improvement for patients. However, the amount of improvement often is a disappointment for patients particularly when then evaluate the cost and the time investment. Another important factor wtih devices that do not destroy fat cells is that any lasting benefit will be up to you. None of these devices will permanently change your anatomy or physiology. I know that patients prefer the lasting and more substantial results associated surgery ( laser or ultrasound assisted liposuction) or target fat reduction that destroys fat cells using focussed ultrasound such as UltraShape and Liposonix.

Get more than one opinion and then decide where you want to spend your hard earned dollars.

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon