Why Does My Upper Incision Line Not Follow the Natural Crease? (PHOTO)

The upper incisions follow crease from corner, then its higher and extended the last third out... Is this normal?

You look fine for being 8 days out

+2

Your lid position looks good and I believe that after you swelling goes down you will have a very nice result.  I know its hard to be patient, but at this point you have to wait it out to see what your result is going to be.

Good Luck,

Dr T

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Surgery Looks Good

+1

You've supplied a good photo which shows that you still have swelling, which is normal for only 8 days post-op. Swelling tends to distort, so try to be patient and you'll notice a nice result.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Why Does My Upper Incision Line Not Follow the Natural Crease?

+1

I agree with my colleagues that your incision should heal very nicely. You're still experiencing very early healing following your eyelid surgery. Your incision is also noticeable because it is still red. The swelling and prominence of the incision will continue to improve for up to 12 months. I tell my own patients that they can start using camouflage makeup or tinted sunscreen at about five days, when the sutures are removed. It's easier said than done but be patient. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty Incisions

+1

Thank you for your photograph.  I think your incisions look fine.  Over time your result will be good. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Upper eyelid incision

+1

Yes, your incision is great and u are only 8 days into your recovery. I am sure that compared to your preop picture, you already have a nice result. Hang in there and trust your surgeon. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Normal. Postop swellling

+1
The incision placement will improve with time. Postop swelling of the eyelids can lead to some abnormal appearances that improve with time as the swelling resolves.  Have faith in your surgeon's surgical planning and discuss your  concerns with him/her.  I am certain that he has your best interests and outcomes in mind. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Your surgeon extended the skin excision to deal with your heavy lateral eyelid hood.

+1

I personally like to perform combined upper eyelid and forehead surgery in these situations.  However, extending the blepharoplasty incision in this fashion is common practice.  As you heal, this incision generally will hide in the crows feet lines.

Upper eyelid incision natural crease

+1

It looks like you are early post-op. There there is swelling causing some distortion  Ask you surgeon and it will probably subside and be more equal.

David Ellis MD FRCSC

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Sugery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon