After Fraxel Restore I was advised to use Vitamin C&E serum by Skinceuticles. Could this have contributed to my poor outcome?

I had fraxel restore 9 months ago with a very bad outcome including pin prick laser marks and a scarred looking orange peel texture. I was advised to begin using the vitamin c&E serum by skinceuticles "right away" after treatment. Could this have contributed to my poor outcome?

Vitamin C and Fraxel

+1
Vitamin C is recommended by the Fraxel company to use directly after Clear and Brilliant not Fraxel laser.  If you have scars and marks and textural problems from the laser please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel.  You can post photos as well to help you.

Fractional lasers and SkinCeuticals products

+1
Actually, all studies show that using a CE product like SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic after a fractional laser helps the skin tremendously. So no, the results aren't from your product usage. I don't know what type of Fraxel laser you had done or the settings used, but that would be more the culprit for outcome. I'd suggest you follow-up with the physician's office.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD