Could alarplasty be the solution?

I have a wide upturned nose with large nostrils. I was wondering would narrowing the nostrils help with the appearance of an upturned nose?

Could alarplasty be the solution?

+2

A decrease in alar base width and the size of the nostrils can be accomplished with alarplasty. The tip may need alteration as well if the nose is upturned.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alar Base Reduction in Rhinoplasty

+1

An alar base resection is part of a rhinoplasty, but it has to be based upon the pre-op nasal and facial analysis. It is a very intricate process and should be done at the hands of an expert in rhinoplasty surgery.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

An alar plasty for wide nostrils

+1

An alar plasty will simply reduce the width of the base of nostrils by removing a small wedge of skin from the nostril base and has no relationship to improving the appearance of an upturned nose

Alarplasty procedure

+1

The alarplasty or narrowing the alar base procedure can narrow wide nostrils and also correct alar flaring. However, by itself it typically does not help an upturned nose as other procedures are usually required there to address the tip complex to either lengthen the nose or derotate the tip. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alarplasty toI Improve "Wide, Upturned Nose with Large Nostrils"

+1

An alarplasty can decrease the width of a wide nasal base with large nostrils. However, other procedures may be necessary to lengthen an upturned nose. I need to see pictures which I have described on my website to make a more complete analysis of your nose.