Is Alarplasty Alone the Answer to my Nose? (photo)

I'm a 19 year old male asian. My questions are. How much is alarplasty worth and if It depends on the doctor, will the price range affect how the procedure will turn out? How long will it heal? I'am more of a yellowish tan and im not sure if the healing proccess will depend on my skin color. Will alarplasty alone be the solution for my nose? I have no intention of getting a rhinoplasty. I just want to keep it simple and more natural.

Changing the shape of the nose

+2

Dear Mr.jun Jun,

• I would have to see the rest of your nose, and I think a better alternative is to support the tip like a tent pole
  • This would make the nostrils more narrow without having scars along the outside of your nose for an alarplasty
  • The decision depends on what the rest of the nose looks like
  • A natural looking result usually takes more work than a quick surgery, and that is because a natural look is all in the details and we need to make sure all the details are correct

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Alar plasty for wide alar base

+2

An alar-plasty can be performed for wide alar base which will simply narrow nostrils. If the wide nostrils are the only thing that's bothering the patient than an  alar-plasty  is all that needs to be performed. The  procedure can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure and usually takes about half an hour. The cost is located our website

Is Alarplasty Alone the Answer to my Nose?

+2

Alarplasty alone will provide some benefit, but you will need to understand how that will change your nose without any tip work performed at the same.  All of this comes down to the look you want to achieve.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alar base reduction

+2

based on these limited photographs I could make a few comments in that alar base reduction could be useful to you. It would improve the flared appearance of your nasal base and could be done easily under local anesthesia. I charge approximately $2000 for this procedure under local anesthesia. Some of the examples on my website show alar base reduction alone with a nice overall change in the appearance of the nose. What you really need is an in person consultation with a number of surgeons in particular those who operate on the Asian face frequently.

your downtime would be approximately 7 to 10 days in the sense that your incisions may still be a bit visible during that period. Based on your photographs I would prefer to use and internal incision inside the nasal sill. This hides the majority incision and would make the most favorable changes to the shape of your nose. I would discourage you from getting an alar base reduction or alarplasty that would include incisions on the external part of the nose.

Best of luck to you

Chase Lay, MD

Asian facial plastic specialist

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alarplasty

+1
Your photos do not show your problem well. A nostril sill excission is a better operationthan an alar base excision. You need to state your goal and have better photos.

Howard N. Robinson, MD