Alarplasty or Rhinoplasty? And Blepharoplasty.

I am looking to open up the features on my face. My eyes are relatively small and hooded. I dont want to have aggressive eyelid surgery as I dont want to look different. Just to remove some hooding. Also, I hate my nose. I like my nose on the side profile but again, in comparison to my small hooded eyes, I feel that it looks disproportionate to my face. Perhaps maybe I have just big nostrils but when I smile (the only way, I really feel attractive) my nose flairs out more.

Eyelid Surgery

+1

The alarplasty is a great procedure for reducing the nostril size, but you must be OK with the scars on the base of your nose.  If you are happy with the profile, a rhinoplasty may not be warranted.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in noses, and they will guide you through these decisions.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery and upper blepharoplasty

+1

Hooded upper eyelids are best treated with a conservative upper blepharoplasty.  The incision is hidden in the upper eyelid crease.  A small amount of excess skin and occasionally some fat is removed to give a slightly higher eyelid crease.  A rhinoplasty is used to narrow the entire nasal bones.  When osteotomies are performed the upper lateral cartilages are narrowed as well.  Alarplasty is performed to narrow the nostril and reduce alar flare.  Nose surgery and blepharoplasty can both be performed together or separately as an outpatient procedure.  The alarplasty can be performed under a local anesthesia if done as a stand-alone procedure but a blepharoplasty and a rhinoplasty are usually performed under general anesthesia.  

You have to make a decision on whether you want to remain natural

+1

You have to make a decision on whether you want to remain natural with an Asian eyelid or change the look completely to an eyelid with a larger and higher platform.  Most patients now want to remain natural.  In this case, a crease is simply created a few millimeters above the eyelash border which gives more definition and opens up the appearance of the eyelid.  The doctor should not remove too much skin or fat when creating this upper eyelid crease.  It can be done simply with sutures or with a very small amount of skin or skin and muscle.  It’s important to go to a doctor who has experience in this area and to be very clear as to the ultimate look you are trying to achieve.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Very cute nose.

+1

Please be careful what you look for.  The right eye is ptotic and this is likely why the right eye looks small.  Try to avoid having standard eyelid surgery that will rob you of your upper eyelid fold.  Be aware that when an alarplasty is performed a scar is created at the alar base that is almost never perfect.  This scar can be quite bothersome and visible.  You also have lower eyelid circles that could be soften with fillers.  I would encourage you to start with the heavy right upper eyelid and proceed cautiously from there.  

Hooding eyelids and nasal surgery

+1

You can clearly do both procedures at the same time. Realize that the upper bleph to some degree a change in what I see as a true Asian eye. Your nose looks fine to me. You see nostrils because your lip tip angle is too great. Thr risk of changing this not worth to you

David A. Bray, Sr., MD