Will Alarplasty result in triangular nostrils? (photo)

I'm 16 years old and getting rhinoplasty soon, so I'm doing as much research as I can. I have wide nostrils, and I've been told I need alarplasty. Among researching, I've found that many people who have this procedure end up with triangular nostrils, which I find unattractive and look obvious. I have semi-thick skin, so will getting an alarplasty make me have triangular nostrils if I go to a good rhinoplasty specialist? Thank you!

Nostril Narrowing and Triangular Shaped Nostrils

+2

Based on the current shape of your nostrils and the shape of the nostrils you fear, that is most likely what you will end up with. The triangular shape to which you refer has little to do with the alarplasty but with having an open rhinoplasty and narrowing the tip cartilages. You are referring to a more triangular shape at the apex of the nostrils known as the soft triangle. This effect is more pronounced in thin skinned narrow noses and less so with thicker broader nasal tips.

Will Alarplasty result in triangular nostrils?

+2

Alarplasties can produce alterations in almost any fashion you would like. The size of the wedge can vary, the angles at which the incisions are made, the placement of the incisions, the manner in which they are closed, etc.

Alarplasty

+1

Alarplasty will change the shape of the nostril a bit and this also depends upon what needs to be achieved. It shouldn't necessarily make them triangular.

Alar plasty makes nostrils less wide.

+1

Alar plasty makes nostrils less wide. That is the purpose for noses with a wide base. Let your surgeon show u this.