Alarplasty on the Left Side of Nose Only?

Hello, I having an accident from last year september. In the accident, my nose left nostril area is dropping down. On the alar groove, have a scar and it make my left nose lost of alar groove. Could it just be fine if i just do the alarplasty on the left side? The right side of nostril is perfect, I don't want to have any change with my previous nose. Thanks

Unilateral alarplasty

+2

The concept of just addressing the area of concern is a good one.  You may end up wanting to find someone that specialized in scar revisions rather than rhinoplasty.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery on One Side Can Make the Most Sense

+1

Alar scars can be a big challenge!

It certainly makes sense that you may require surgery on one side alone.

Still, get a couple of opinions on how best to reconstruct the nostril or alar crease, as this kind of repair is difficult.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Surgical scarring

+1

Without a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to make any specific recommendations or know if in fact the scar can be improved. Even if the scar were amenable to surgery it may be improved by such surgery but will never look like it did before the injury no matter what or how much surgery you do.

Aaron Stone, MD