Alarplasty and Tip Plasty? (photo)

I'm considering rhinoplasty, as my nose has a bulbous tip and is very wide (wider than the space between my eyes and even wider when I'm smiling). I have a huge fear of surgery, so I don't want to get too more surgery than I need. I'm happy with the bridge of my nose, so don't want a full rhinoplasty, and was wondering whether tip plasty/alarplasty/both would be more appropriate. Any ideas on what I should do? Cost estimates would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Narrowing the Tip and the Nasal Base in Rhinoplasty

+1

Both the tip and the nasal base can be narrowed with a tip rhinoplasty and alarplasty performed in about 20 minutes.

Reducing a wide bulbous nose tip

+1

A tip plasty can certainly be performed, but it is important to make sure that the new tip now balances with the rest of the nose.  Tip suturing techniques and cartilage removal will affect a narrowing and changing of the tip.  Wedge alarplasty incisions at the base of the nostrils can be performed to narrow the nostril base.

Alar Base Reduction/Tip Refinement

+1

An alar base reduction would help improve the flaring of your nostrils with smiling.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Tip and ala

+1

your photos are a little incompete.  i would like to see the whole nose, however i think tip rhino with alar base reduction would be reasonable.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Alarplasty and Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Narrowing and refinement of your tip as well as narrowing the nasal base with an alarplasty would significantly improve your nose. You can limit the work that is done depending on your goals. It will cost about $5,000. Find a rhinoplasty specialist whose results you like.