I recently had rhinoplasty/septoplasty. Can Alar Rim Grafts Be Removed?

I recently had rhinoplasty/septoplasty. My surgeon said I had too much nostril show, so I agreed to alar rim grafts crafted from septal cartilage. I don't like the shape of my nostrils at all, now. Are these grafts removable, and if so, how difficult is this procedure? Thank you for your time.

Alar rim graft removal after open rhinoplasty

+2

Yes the grafts are removable, and would essentially be done through an open rhinoplasty technique. However, these always seem unusual at first, and are hard to get used to.  I would advise you to not remove it now and wait at least 6 to 8 months before making a decision, because the nostril will look much better over this period of time.