Alar Reduction Enough to Get the Desired Nose? (photo)

hello,ive been waiting 10 yrs for rhinoplasty.im 22.my nose is wide in the nostrils.i dont mind the bulbousity,just the wideness.i wanted to ask if a alar reduction is enough to get the desired nose i put below.i have little money and my nostrils are very strong so i can put my nostrils in the desired nose when i want for about a minute(i didnt use photoshop).so i know if my nostrils were closer id have the shape i have in the picture. thanks in advance!

Alar reduction is not enough to get the desired nose you want.

+1

If you have an alar reduction it will make your already very wide tip look even wider. If you have the bulbosity of your tip reduced at the same time that would be a better plan.

Alar reduction

+1

The tip boulbosity is what I see as the major problem. Reducing this would achieve a natural result. Alar reduction would be to extreme in my opinion.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar reduction alone would result in a pinched look

+1

Alar reduction alone would result in a pinched look to your nose and would probably make the situation worse.  By breathing in to get the look you want you are closing at the internal nasal valve, not the external nasal valve (or the alae).  The look you desire would require a more extensive rhinoplasty.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Rhinoplasty Consultation

+1

Dear Bernhard, I my opinion you need several things addressed to provide the proper aesthetic result to your nose. Alar reduction or alar reduction alone is not the answer here. I suggest a good consultation with a rhinoplasty expert to discuss your options. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD